Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The French Essay (HL)

Options
  • 10-06-2007 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

since French is getting closer I wanted to know what people thought might come up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

dangers of the internet versus benifits and part time job don't say I told you:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Bluefox21 wrote:
    dangers of the internet versus benifits and part time job don't say I told you:p

Why do you think this mr bluefox!! or misses!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I'd hardly call 75-100 words an essay. A paragraph at most.
    I'm predicting there'll be some horribly obscure topics up for grabs. Nothing simple like the environment, racism, teenagers etc. because that would be too nice of the Department.
    Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Steve01 wrote:
    I'd hardly call 75-100 words an essay. A paragraph at most.
    I'm predicting there'll be some horribly obscure topics up for grabs. Nothing simple like the environment, racism, teenagers etc. because that would be too nice of the Department.
    Hopefully I'm wrong.
    I hope you are wrong too \steve.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fallon54

Have a sneaky feeling a letter along the lines of booking a campsite/hotel room or applying for a job might come up, quick look through the past papers shows few other letters.

I hope Something on violence, racism, pollution, enviroment comes up, somewhere.

Its a pain in the bollox, not knowing what could come up. Trust the dept will put something completely abstract up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I reckon there might be something on politicians/elections or something along those lines. The French had their presidential elections a wee while ago and we had one a couple of weeks ago. Just a guess though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 -blondie-

^^^^^^^^^^
    Smart thinking!

Hopoefully something about the pressures of teenagers or drugs or something!
    But more than likely itll be something toatlly random!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cossyx

God I hope something on politics doesn't come up!! They're usually fairly ok once you know a good few phrases, I've heard people predicting a formal letter aswell so I'm going to look at that there is only so much that they can ask you to write about!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Whats the chances of something like 'accidents de la route' coming up or has it been asked recently?(not bothered trying to remember if i've seen it before or looking up the exam papers myself), it was hotly tipped for the irish but that didn't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Why do you think this mr bluefox!! or misses!??

ha its mr (long story) I do grinds with someone who is very involved in it all she is runs the oral exams:p lol and she refused to give me any tips but we spent the last two weeks doing the internet and part time jobs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Bluefox21 wrote:
    ha its mr (long story) I do grinds with someone who is very involved in it all she is runs the oral exams:p lol and she refused to give me any tips but we spent the last two weeks doing the internet and part time jobs!

Did they come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

..No. It was fashion, reality TV, something about unity of the world??? Pride of own area, cars and a diary entry and a letter of complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Dont forget the thing about natural disasters

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Thought it was a nice paper, all the documents were easily understood imo. And timing of course isn't a bother with this paper.

Advertisement