Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC being 'dumbed down' ?

Options
  • 10-06-2007 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

It's not just the teachers saying it (as is the case in a few schools) ... but I'm seeing it in the news etc the last few days aswell.

Apparently it's impossible to fail the LC these days. Fewer candidates, more course options etc.

But is it really the case? They were using English as the example in the Irish Times today ...
    more open ended questions and the like.

Now I know the exams are far from finished, but so-far has anyone thought this. I'll admit the English Paper 2 was very 'friendly' this year, as was Irish and Maths (for me at least) - just more straightforward ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

ThatGuy wrote:
    It's not just the teachers saying it (as is the case in a few schools) ... but I'm seeing it in the news etc the last few days aswell.

Apparently it's impossible to fail the LC these days. Fewer candidates, more course options etc.

But is it really the case? They were using English as the example in the Irish Times today ...
    more open ended questions and the like.

Now I know the exams are far from finished, but so-far has anyone thought this. I'll admit the English Paper 2 was very 'friendly' this year.

I'd say they've gotten slightly easier but at the same time, we are generally more dedicated to study etc....... Making them easier, inticing more students to work harder and earn better grades.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dean-16

i agree. paper 2 was nice but no theme or issue question on the comparative!:(
    only thing i didnt like about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

It clearly has, students these days don't know how to look in a forum to see if there has been an exact same topic posted recently.

Advertisement