Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The worst of the worst

• 10-06-2007 4:31pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭

inspired by the off-topic posts in the Jackass/Summerslam thread, what was the worst angle ever in the WWE?

Was it Kane, HHH and Katie Vick, Perry Saturn and Moppy or my personal favourite Mae Young giving birth to... a Hand! with Mark Henry as the daddy (classic stuff)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Mae Young giving birth to... a Hand! with Mark Henry as the daddy (classic stuff)

That's the one for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Rebel Racer Dan

ha ha the whole Perry Saturn and Moppy thing was sooooo bad!!! There have been so many bad angles in WWF/WWE over the years!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I can't really think of a worst angle ever, but thePerry/terrie/moppy love triangle is right up there.

Off-topic, I don't really see why people think the Triple H/Katie Vick angle was so bad, I laughed when Triple H (dressed as Kane) f*cked the dummy. It was so bad it was sorta funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

The Katie Vick thing was brilliant, absolutely genius! (I'm not even sure if I'm being serious there or not...)

The angle with Torrie Wilson's da marrying Dawn Marie was awful, as was putting Brian Pillman in a dress for the last month of his life. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

ok first of all, WWE didn't know Brian Pillman was going to Die That month.

Heres Some
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. The Eddie Guerrero Death Storyline Involving Rey/Chavo/Vickie etc.

2. Perry Saturn with the Mop - Who Thought of this, i mean seriously did anyone really care about this storyline

3. The May Young hand thing was Sickening but Funny at the Same time, i LOL'd when vince was taking stuff out of the dummy JR's Arse a couple of years back, Vince : ''Look what we got here, May Youngs Other Hand''

4. Kane vs Kane - This had to be Kane's Worst Fued, i Mean Imposter Kane looked nothing like Original Kane i mean Curly Hair, it was a Crap match at Vengence too

5. Zach Gowen - This Storyline involving this Charity Case was Pathetic, i mean he's not the only man who has one leg and he just won 2 matches i think, he won the big show when he was with Stephanie and he won Matt Hardy at Some PPV in 2004 aswell.

6. Mr. America - OMG this storyline with Hulk Hogan was Disgraceful, especially the part with the Lie Detecter Machine, Jesus Christ, are we to beleave that Hulk Hogan wasn't Mr. America why doesn't vince Step into the Real World.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

kentonbomb wrote:
    ok first of all, WWE didn't know Brian Pillman was going to Die That month.

Can you prove that?!;)

Anyway back on topic, the Eddie Guerrero/ Rey Mysterio feud where eddie stole reys children was pretty bad... all they were short of doing was putting on a dominic on a pole match

But the worst ever angles were the ones after Eddie Guerrero died. They were horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Perry Saturn/Moppy angle wasn't that bad. He got over with it. Apparently he was given the angle as punishment for badly injuring another wrestler but even Saturn has acknowledged he got over with it. I thought it was decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

kentonbomb wrote:
    2. Perry Saturn with the Mop - Who Thought of this, i mean seriously did anyone really care about this storyline

Oh come on! You list this and ignore the Katie Vick storylines!

He was being punished for that, On Jakked or Metal, Saturn was involved in a match against jobber, Mike Bell (still actively wrestling incidently). Bell had botched a move on Saturn who dropped him right on his head knocking him completely goofy. Saturn then proceeded to destroy him, one move launching him right over the top rope with Bell landing on his bonce, i'm pretty sure it's on youtube somewhere.

So as a result, the following week on RAW, the APA beat Saturn until he was goofy and week after week he'd come up with some of the most hilarious quotes. And he STILL got over with it. A lot of people OBVIOUSLY did care about it as they turned in the following week to see what he'd say next.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

vince takes on hbk and god,wtf?!

krudler wrote:
    vince takes on hbk and god,wtf?!

If you're referring to Backlash last year, it was actually Vince and Shane vs HBK and God, and that was comedy gold at it's best. Vince's promos in the church looking for God as well as the promos during the night, where Vince pours water into a cup and Shane drinks it afterwards only to get a bitter taste... "Uh.... hey dad!!" And breaking the bread only to have a load of baguettes thrown back at em.

That was priceless, i'm sorry :)
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I liked the Mr America angle actually. The lie detector bit on smackdown was sooo funny especially once Vince started answering the questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

The Daltons their pickemup truck must have got lost on the way to Baltimore haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

EdK wrote:
    The Daltons their pickemup truck must have got lost on the way to Baltimore haha
    LOL, isn't that a gimmick not a storyline?, anyway i thought the Katie Vick thing was funny especially Triple H coming in with the Kane Mask on LOL him going into the coffin with the Dummy, The God thing was good i thought, especially when God was coming out to the funky music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I hated the skit Vince did on Jim Ross's colon surgery a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I've sat through some crap stuff, but I found myself changing the channel when Orton started the stupid angle after Eddie died. I don't remember most of what happened then because I just didn't watch it. The main reason I stopped watching WWE last year was because of DX and that whole angle. I didn't mind the Spirit Squad at all, just the way they were made to look completely useless one week and then we were expected to believe they were a threat the next week. It was terrible. Then they release a dvd called "The New and Improved DX", surely anyone who saw them the first time round can't agree with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

The build up and following matches between Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels.

The Austin Era.

WcW's version of the nWo.

Paul Heyman as a creative mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Aren't we meant to be talking about the worst parts of wrestling? Not the better parts of it? If so, I think the above poster may have gotten things wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

any storyline with hulk hogan in the last 5 years! (apart from the one with the rock)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Vinces limo exploding last night on RAW

any storyline with hulk hogan in the last 5 years! (apart from the one with the rock)

I would almost agree with this but the one with him and Michaels was hilarious, especially the match where Michaels pretty much no sold all his big moves! :D

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

The limo explosion from last night and the “Vince is dead” storyline should be well up there

Watch your spoilers,
    Fozzy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

For the sheer destruction of the business that ran it, the David Arquette title reign in WCW was easily the worst ever work by a wrestling promotion ever.

Stupidest ones to watch....The Desperados in WCW, the Kiss My Ass Club was just plain painfully unwatchable and Rikishi running over the Rock and trying to turn heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The lead up to the Vince Vs Steph match at Unforgiven a few years ago was awful. Especially the time on an episode of SD Steph gave a 20 minute tearful speech about something. Terrible crap altogether.
    I would almost agree with this but the one with him and Michaels was hilarious, especially the match where Michaels pretty much no sold all his big moves!

Excuse me if Im wrong, but didn't HBK oversell all of Hogans big moves?

Everything with Duece & Domino annoys me at the moment? 50s gimmick? they think it is still the 50s? Thats just stupid.

The whole Tim White suicide crap was also just in bad tatse, and turn off tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Vince Russo winning the wCw title in his hometown :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

gimmick wrote:
    The lead up to the Vince Vs Steph match at Unforgiven a few years ago was awful. Especially the time on an episode of SD Steph gave a 20 minute tearful speech about something. Terrible crap altogether.

Man that sucked. The first ever Father Daughter Hardcore Exploding Chairs On A Pole Match or some bollix.
    gimmick wrote:

Yeah I seem to remember a seeing a gif of Michaels completely overselling the big boot before the legdrop. I'll go hunting and see if I can find it.

Edit: Found this. This is just incredible, and that music makes EVERYTHING funnier :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Anything that involved Shawn Stasiak...:(

Big Bossman's run as a main eventer in the early 00's, which involved him dragging Big Show's father's casket from the back of a car.

Nicole Bass.....:eek: :( :eek:

The Perry Saturn/Moppy angle wasn't that bad. He got over with it. Apparently he was given the angle as punishment for badly injuring another wrestler but even Saturn has acknowledged he got over with it. I thought it was decent.

This angle actually got Perry Saturn over for the first time in the WWE. It wasnt bad at all

Snausages !!

Lets not forget the Mean street Posse

gimmick wrote:

My point exactly, oversold to the point where the moves just weren't believable! May as well have no sold them.

Don't get me wrong, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The Shockmaster. Doomed from the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Kaientai trying to cut val venis's knob off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

when i was younger i used to love all this stuff.. but looking back now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9UxPx_YPHY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

when i was younger i used to love all this stuff.. but looking back now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9UxPx_YPHY

God I remember being absolutely petrified when that happened and even more so when the green slime flowed down his face! Ah the innocence of youth.......maybe we were better off not knowing it all eh!?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

The Black Scorpion.....

http://utoob.dyndns.org/watch?v=xolrcWZ_1Cg

www.wrestlecrap.com - good for the worst in wrestling history!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Double C wrote:
    this. This is just incredible, and that music makes EVERYTHING funnier :D
    i loled in the office!!! that was a terrible match

Can't view it here but if it's the one that says "learn to do the job or find another one" at the end, then it's comical :)

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭slamman

Leaving the title with Cena for anything more than a couple of months (seen him at the point last week he really is brutal!!!!!!!)

So was Hogans work in the WWE and he had a solid 3 year reign... whats your point? :P

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CaptainCharisma

Rikishi's heel turn - "I did it for da Rock"

Yeah but that would be turned into a classic promo for Rock to do ;)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

not a storyline but remember when the rock used to get stunned by austin and always went crazy doing flips and stuff? i pissed myself everytime he did that

• Advertisement
Advertisement