Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beckham to stay at Madrid ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The wife will tell him where to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

"If the player changes his decision, a clause exists that would allow him to stay.

If they win the league, and Capello stays on, I can see it being a possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Tbh I cant see this happening, Beckham is going to LA, he has to do what Victoria says, complete BS story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

LA Galaxy would not be well impressed. I'd imagine the MLA have made some fairly big marketing plans and whatnot for next year. Although I think staying at Madrid would be a good idea for both Beckham and Real, I don't see it happening. Real Madrid made their bed, so it's tough **** really now they've realised Beckham's talents haven't disappeared just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I really cant see this happening as it would turn Beckham into public enemy number one in the U.S, and he wont want that - neither will yer wan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Not a chance unless he wants a divorce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Will he return to Real after the MLS season ends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Not a chance unless he wants a divorce
    Would prob be the best thing for him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Will he return to Real after the MLS season ends?

I doubt it, MLS season ends in about november i think so i doubt LA would allow it.

He couldnt signed for Real until January then MLS season starts in april, its far too much football, he would be knackered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Only themselves to blame. Capello froze him out of the squad a while back not he's done a u-turn. That's poor management even if/when they do lift the la liga trophy.
    Cannot see Becks staying for love nor money, the missus wants the hollywood glam ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Archimedes wrote:
    I really cant see this happening as it would turn Beckham into public enemy number one in the U.S, and he wont want that - neither will yer wan.

Is he even well enough known there for that to happen? Do many people even devoutly follow the American league?

re the wife thing, with all his money you would think he might have got something better :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Ramon Calderon is a verbal diarrheatic. He'll keep Beckham, the man he lambasted a few months ago, like he'll sign Kaka like he'll sign Robben like he'll sign Fabregas. Ignore him. The MLS season has also been designed around Beckhams arrival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Smarmore

Savman wrote:
    Only themselves to blame. Capello froze him out of the squad a while back not he's done a u-turn. That's poor management even if/when they do lift the la liga trophy.
    Cannot see Becks staying for love nor money, the missus wants the hollywood glam ;)

Did Capello not only do that after Beckham announced he was leaving? If so can you really blame him? I think Beckham will really regret having been so hasty to just take the money and the easy route by going to the US. Getting frozen out by Real and England put a bit of fire back in him and it hurt his pride. If Capello and McLaren had kept him in their teams, particularly McLaren, he would have just stagnated and the whole rejuvenated Beckham would never have materialised. Beckham probably didn't foresee this himself but now it has happened he's f****d. And it couldn't happen to a nicer fella!!

Anyway I can't see him making the U-turn. It will be interesting to see what the clause is but it would want to be very strong. Also with the kind of money involved either Real or Beckham will be out of pocket for a considerable sum of money. I don't think it's going to happen. Beckham will be under serious pressure to come out with a public statement within the next 24 hours as well so it will be interesting to hear his take on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Too late for him to u-turn now. As someone else said it would be divorce papers for him if he dared. Seems to be the missus that calls the shots there alright. I read somewhere recently that the Real Madrid players have even been gently taking the piss out of him for how much he's under the thumb with herself. Hardly a coincidence that he's joining a team in LA, home of Hollywood and the A-list set.

Apparently the standard of football he's going into with LA Galaxy is poor, and Galaxy themselves aren't even one of the better teams. It's a stupid move for him really. Even if it is obscene money he hardly needs the cash, the guy already has more money than he could ever spend.

He has allowed his wife's desperation for fame and attention (and possibly his own greed aswell) to effectively end his career in top flight football at a time when he's playing better than at any time in the last couple of years. He could easily have had at least 1 more season at Real (or another top team) and still had his cushy semi-retirement and his hunred million bucks in LA after that.

With the standard over there being what it is Beckham could have joined LA Galaxy in 2 years time and still been their best player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I don't think he'll try to do a U-turn either, but it would be interesting to know what his decision would have been if he had a crystal ball back then and could see his fortunes changing; back in the England squad, back in the starting line-up for Madrid with the club eating humble pie and desperate to keep him.

Sky outlined the amount of England games that will clash with Galaxy games, I really don't think he would've moved.

Having said all that though, it's Madrid's own fault. Beckham was going through a poor spell and they decided to off-load him rather than help him through it. Now they're seeing what they're gonna miss next season. A happy and confident Beckham is a good asset, Capello must be kicking himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

didn't Beckhams people not already come out and say that he has no intention of not fulfilling his contract with LA Galaxy???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

apparently Real have offered to buy out Beckhams contract but Galaxy have refused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

how much would that have cost them!?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Smarmore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Wow, he gets a few assists against a few crap teams & once again he's the best thing since slice bread. Real & England are better of without him.

• Advertisement

Wow, he gets a few assists against a few crap teams & once again he's the best thing since slice bread.

lol, watch him play for Real Madrid, watch how the fans and players of the club respect him for how good he is, then come back and say that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

PHB wrote:
    lol, watch him play for Real Madrid, watch how the fans and players of the club respect him for how good he is, then come back and say that.

I've seen every game he's played for Madrid this season & nothing has changed. He is still the best crosser of the ball in the world & plays with alot of heart & pride. But he's flawed, he's totally one dimensional, the teams he's been playing against recently give him so much time on the ball its only a matter of time before he puts a world class cross into the box.
    When he comes up againts a half decent full back there is no doubt in my mind he will go missing for 90 mins.
    And by the time next summer comes around & England get knocked out of Euro 2008 & Beckham has no answer for the full back he's up against nobody will care what he's done in the last few weeks.

he's been playing against recently give him so much time on the ball its only a matter of time before he puts a world class cross into the box.

I love this attitude. You think the La Liga defenders don't know if they give him space they will punish him? You think they just go, ah sure, I'll let him have space, what's the worst that can happen. Great players make their own space!

Advertisement