Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autosleeper Trooper to sell

Options
  • 10-06-2007 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I will soon be moving from UK to Co Mayo and sometime soon after the move I will sell my Trooper campervan. It's 2003 with 30,000 miles on the clock and it's based on the VW Transporter 2.5 TDI with elevating roof in mint condition. Would I have any difficulty selling in Ireland - It's my only vehicle so I will need it until my move is completed. What price would I expect to get in a private sale?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

If you have lived in the UK for the last 12 months and have owned and driven the van for the last 6 months and you can prove both with lots of paperwork, you can import it into Ireland without paying VRT (Vehicle Registration Tax) ...but you then musntn't sell it for a year or else pay the VRT.

If the above months don't apply you will have to pay VRT which is 13.5% (for a motorhome) of the open market selling price in Ireland, which in turn is determined by a few people drawing ridiculously high numbers out of a hat down in Rosslare :D

So you either bring it in VRT free and can't sell it for a year or you best sell it in the UK and save yourself the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

peasant wrote:
    which in turn is determined by a few people drawing ridiculously high numbers out of a hat down in Rosslare :D

*ROFLMAO* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

*ROFLMAO* :D

sadly.....it's only funny because it's true......

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Oh aye! Sadly I'm all too aware of that :rolleyes: :D

Advertisement