Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probability(Difference Equations)

Options
  • 10-06-2007 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, these questions are generally quite easy. Up until one part. How do you verify these equations. For example, I'm just doing the 2003 Q6(b)(i) very easily, but its the verification. Anyone able to help quickly? Should hopefully be a handy 20 marker tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Mushy wrote:
    Ok, these questions are generally quite easy. Up until one part. How do you verify these equations. For example, I'm just doing the 2003 Q6(b)(i) very easily, but its the verification. Anyone able to help quickly? Should hopefully be a handy 20 marker tomorrow

I think they are going to sting us with that proof rather than a Q, it will be first time in 14 years or so so it'll be a biatch but learn the proof ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

http://examinations.ie/archive/markingschemes/2003/LC003ALP1EV.PDF

there are the solutions. Its pretty simple in the end. The theorom is simple enough to learn IMO. A real stinger would be the proof of the perpendicular distance from a point to a line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

There were no proofs on Paper 1. There should be plenty on Paper 2 with a bit of luck. They tend to ask about 3-4 proofs overall every year in Honours Maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cossyx

I'm really hoping for loads of proofs tomorrow, such easy marks! I've this feeling too that there going to ask the diff equations proof rather than an actually equation, it actually easy enough though!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I for one wouldnt be surprised it it turned up, hasn't been on the Paper since 1996. Proofs are effectively free marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Weathercheck, I think I'm indebted to you right now. Never even heard of the proof of the differential theorom before you mentioned it. So I looked it up last night. Can you only imagine my face when I saw it on the paper this morning? Easiest 20 marks of the two papers

Advertisement