Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found 4 kittens & mother in box

Options
  • 10-06-2007 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

i was walking last week and came across a box which contained 4 very young kittens and its very young mother. Mother was very weak and they had obviously been dumped. I took them home but my other 2 cats have got extremely aggresive not only with the new one but with each other. I have had to put these new cats in shed but its not ideal in this heat etc. I rang galway GSPCA but they are full. what can i do about these kittens as I cannot keep them as things are not good here with them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Lemon

Hi there

I sympathise, I can imagine you are in a stressful situation- I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago and actually managed to rehome some kittens via this site by placing an ad. Anyway it is so tough to rescue cats when you have pets of your own. I did a search on Google and here are some links that may help you, sanctuaries etc..
    http://www.catchat.org/adoption/ireland.html#connacht

http://www.irishanimals.com/galway_homes.html

The Cats Protection Association of Ireland
    Carmichael House
    North Brunswick Street
    Dublin 7
    Tel: (01) 888 0828
    Email: catsprotection@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

Try posting on petsireland.invisionzone.com or board.irishanimals.ie

They'll have members in that area that should be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

If they could be got to South Dublin I know someone who will take them for you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

thanks guys, i will look at these links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hows the mother now? I will see if my hubby will drive me to Galway if they still need help??

• Advertisement

mother is well and so are her young. I have put them in my office now. (Put plastic down and blankets) Left water and food for her. She is very tame and charming. My 2 other adult cats are not themselves at all, very aggresive now and not eating properly! The kittens are still young, I would say 2 weeks old. Eyes are open and they are walking. All sems well, but its not perfect situation for me and the other cats.

been away for a few days. I have had to many pm's that i can reply to at the moment. I still have the kittens they are around 3 weeks now and the young mother. If anybody is serious about taking them on they need to go with mother as they are still to young.

Advertisement