Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cydonia, Mars: Remenants of a civilization?

• 10-06-2007 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

I've seen & read a lot of stuff about this. Basically, there's a plethora of what seems to be intelligently designed structures in the area known as Cydonia on Mars. This is the site where the well-known "Face Of Mars" is that has got everyone talking, but there's far more to be seen on Cydonia. There are, what seems to be, pyramidal shapes, and fortress-looking buildings that all seem to relate to each other mathematically.

If anyone has read the books of Graham Hancock & Zacharia Sitchin (among others) you'd probably be aware of all this stuff. They've produced lots of evidence to support this. They both also inform us that the mathematical formulas of the pyramids at Cydonia Mars & Giza on Earth, are Identical, which is amazing. Since there's a lot of evidence coming to light indicating that Mars had, and has to this day, water, could this be probable? Let me get you some links to show you what I'm talking about.

Pictures of the so-called "structures".

More about the pyramids on mars and their geometry.

Also, if you go to YouTube and type in some keywords you'll come up with some videos. So, anyone have any interesting things they want to bring up about this? I find it quite interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pinksoir

how is that a conspicacy theory?

EDIT: its certainly interesting. looks a lot like rocks to me, but i suppose its at least possible that the 'buildings' are artificial. at this point its pure speculation though. it's interesting though, that mars was once covered with water, so it could be argued that intelligent life could have developed there. however, its probably quite unlikely given the time constraints seeings as the last water is suspected to have disappeared at lkeast a few million years ago. thankfully there will be a manned mission to mars, i'm sure (i hope!), within the next 50 years so further evidence could be amassed.

i wouldn't go jumping to any conclusions just yet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6214834.stm
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/05/23/nchelsea123.xml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

The Face on Mars appears to be a case of low resolution showing something that isn't there.....although naturally Hoagland disagrees.
    They both also inform us that the point of lattitude
    & longitude on the pyramids at Cydonia Mars & Giza on Earth, are Identical, which is amazing.

Except they're not identical. At all.

Giza is at 29'58" N
    The Cydonia features are at around 40-41 N on Mars.

You're possibly confusing the allegations that there is some "formula" which we can find to link the two together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

bonkey wrote:
    The Face on Mars appears to be a case of low resolution showing something that isn't there.....although naturally Hoagland disagrees.

Giza is at 29'58" N

You're possibly confusing the allegations that there is some "formula" which we can find to link the two together.

I remember this ... a photo taken of a shadow cast by a poxy hillock.

A shame really ... it would have been so cool.

But then again there is evidence of bacterial fossils so ...

I remember this ... a photo taken of a shadow cast by a poxy hillock.

A shame really ... it would have been so cool.

It would have been pretty cool alright.

Its worth noting that this type of "looks like" is little different to seeing shapes in clouds....only that when its clouds, we don't assume that they're being consciously shaped by someone/thing.

A really good example is the iPod-wearing Indian located in Canada.

Even if we discount the iPod-headphones aspect of the image Its still pretty cool that the rocks in question, viewed the way they are look amazingly like a face.

Should we take this, then, as evidence of mountain-carving civilisations on earth too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

bonkey wrote:

Giza is at 29'58" N

Yeah, sorry, I meant the formulas of the two. D'oh :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

So Glad wrote:
    Yeah, sorry, I meant the formulas of the two. D'oh :rolleyes:
    The formula I've seen involves multiplying the longitude/latitude references...a concept which in itself makes no sense.

It also invokes something like the cube of pi (taken to a specific-but-arbitrary number of decimal places), uses two sets of data from Mars, but three from earth.

It then concludes that one answer is X times the other, where X is some allegedly significant number.

To be honest, I'm more amazed that someone could "find" such a formula than I am amazed by the results of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

bonkey wrote:

To be honest, I'm more amazed that someone could "find" such a formula than I am amazed by the results of it.
    :D has anyone got a link to the formula?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement