Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ftp server maybe?

Options
  • 11-06-2007 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,

As i am relatively new to the scene i know i am not much use to yee all but anyways, i was thinking of setting up an ftp server for boardsters in this particular forum.
    Heres the idea:
    From my perspective, i am new and learning so i appreciate any new info available or anything that can help me. The other day i got a reason tutorial cd(for a few euro's) and tbh its really good, in the space of two days i know a hell of a lot about reason and am pretty comfortable with it now, although practice makes perfect. Anyway i think it would be a great help to folk that use reason as its got some advanced stuff on it too. So i was thinking of setting up an ftp server and lobbing the tutorial on it for people to download. Basically members of this forum would get the ip address and password to sign on and they can upload and download programs onto the server that they think would be helpful/need etc.
    Obviously it would have to be controlled - i.e. members of this forum and not any oul joe soap just comming in and getting stuff and pissing off and then theres the software issues such as legality and stuff but i'm sure we could work around this.

It'll probably take me a bout a month to setup(need to buy a bigger external hard drive) and would initially probably only be up at evening time and wknds.

Anyways, what yee think - mods feel free to post concerns etc

over and out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Unless the Reason tutorial has no copyright protection, which I think is unlikely since you had to pay for it, it is illegal to copy it. There is no work around that. End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Doctor J wrote:
    Unless the Reason tutorial has no copyright protection, which I think is unlikely since you had to pay for it, it is illegal to copy it. There is no work around that. End of story.

What he said.

However, for any non-copyright material this sounds like a good idea, e.g. for sharing collaborative work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

A great sentiment, but as pointed out above, completely illegal in most cases. But keep the ideas coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

cornbb wrote:
    What he said.

However, for any non-copyright material this sounds like a good idea, e.g. for sharing collaborative work etc.

Yeah i know what your saying about the legality issues, which is fair enough, but what cornbb said, how about that, also there are a lot of perfectly legal freeware music programs available which could be uploaded, such as the stuff from magazines etc.

anyways if interested let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Just on getting some good advanced reason tutorials..

http://www.reasonstation.net already has a stupid number of full reason tracks and tutorials to download which I always found invaluable.

Download the track .. hear a sound you like .. spin the rack and figure out how its made :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

I wrote quite a bit on the subject of a 'hypothetical' collaboration program/forum for my business class....the theory is the same, if you wanna read through it I can upload it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

i'll knock this on the head so, not too much interest.
    Back to the drawing board!:)

Advertisement