Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Can Dance

Options
  • 11-06-2007 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey there,
    I used to be a big Dead Can Dance fan and have only recently got back into them. I’m really enjoying listening to their stuff all over again but I need more. Does anyone have any recommendations of similar artists to check out, playing & writing the same kinda stuff....

Appreciate anything you've got.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

I don't really know of anyone doing the same stuff, but Lisa's solo stuff has been pretty good - mostly (if not all) soundtracks, most famously Gladiator. The soundtrack for A Thousand Roads with Jeff Rona is very good IMO.

If you like early DCD, they started off very like a band called the Cocteau Twins, although the Cocteaus are a bit more like a standard indie rock band by comparison. If you like the more ambient, world-music feel you could check out Terry Oldfield, or Brian Eno.

Sadly, there is nothing else quite like a Dead Can Dance album. Hopefully they'll get the finger out and record some new material.

Advertisement