Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating

Options
  • 11-06-2007 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

Ok I have done nothing since the beginning of first year and I have bombed in every exam I have done so far. So I have that I will repeat.

The thing is someone told me that you can choose to keep the result from the first time to do the LC and use that result for the second time you do it, meaning you do not have to sitt that exam a second time. Frankly I do not believe that is the case. Could someone please let me know whether it is or not ?

Cheers
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Afaik that is true yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Grades you get for subject requirements don't have to be from the same sitting as your points, so if your course requires say, a HD3 in English, that carries over and you don't have to repeat that subject if you want to do that course next year. (I repeated this year without doing English or Irish)
    However, you cannot add points from different sittings of the LC, the top 6 grades from one year are taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

It is indeed true.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

For matriculation purposes only, i.e. If you pass maths this year and it covers your matric qualification then you don't have to do it next year.

You cannot use this years for points. That is you can't pick n' mix both your leaving certs taking an A1 from one year and an A1 from another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

So if i got an A1 in English, I don't ahve to repeat it, if I need an A1, say in Maths. [I need the A in maths, so that is likely my only repeat]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

You dont have to repeat it but you cant use the points from it when you repeat your LC next year. Unless the course requirement is an A1 in maths (doubtful).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭stepperupper

Take points from any one sitting, take grades/requirements from any sitting at all.

Advertisement