Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not getting texts from O2 numbers

• 11-06-2007 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I don't know if it's just me or if this is happening to others, but I don't receive texts straight away from 02 numbers. I'm on meteor and I get meteor-2-meteor texts instantly (I've tested) it only seems to be 02 that aren't sending straight away.

Sometimes I don't get the texts straight away or I just don't get them at all.

I've tried this with two different meteor numbers and phones and they are both the same.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

How many O2 SIMs have you tried? Report it to Meteor and ask your friend on O2 to report it to them. Hopefully it's just a routing issue somewhere that they can sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Terrynova3y2

Hey,

Three different 086 numbers have tried texting me and it can take anywhere between an hour to +8 hours before I get texts from them. Its very annoying considering all my friends are 086 lol.

I'll try and give meteor a call and see what they have to say, I'm hoping its not just my phione :(

If other people can text you consistantly without issue then it's more than likely not a phone issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭bookiebasher

yes my girlfriend is 085 and im 086 and we have had loads of probs with texts...texts that were sent in the afternoon arrive at nite etc...I thought it must have been her phone but after this post im not so sure...must be an issue with network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭dougdub

Same here !!!

Im on meteor and it took 18 hours to get a text from o2.

2 arrived late from different o2 users at the same time.

Must be a glitch somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

This is an issue with o2 web text and normal texts. It started happening around the time of there outage last week.

Thank god I'm not the only one thats having this problem. I used to get this problem about 7 years ago on another phone, texts would take hours to come through but it fixed itself.
    mcguyver wrote:
    This is an issue with o2 web text and normal texts. It started happening around the time of there outage last week.

Do you know if Meteor have made any statement about this or what, it's very problematic :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭dougdub

Apparently its an o2 issue! according to Meteor I've been on the phone to them this morning about a couple of things.

I've got my mate to call o2 and suss it out!

Cheers

Doug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

There's a fairly widespread issue with O2 and Meteor, even phone calls can be dodgy sometimes, when I try and ring an 085 number from my 086 they can't hear me the first time usually and I have to hang up and ring again and it's fine. O2 are aware of the issue as the person on the phone in 02 said it was happening to them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

center15 wrote:
    There's a fairly widespread issue with O2 and Meteor, even phone calls can be dodgy sometimes, when I try and ring an 085 number from my 086 they can't hear me the first time usually and I have to hang up and ring again and it's fine.

This issue, and the not getting texts issue were the two reasons I came to this forum. I'm disappointed to learn it's widespread and not my phone. I've been with Meteor for almost 6 years now and I've reached the end of my tether. It drives me mad when people from 086 ring me and I can't hear them, especially as I depend on my phone for work. I also spend a lot of my time in Limerick city and despite the fact that I always have full signal there I always have a really bad line when people ring me. I was only with Meteor for the free text and since I don't really text anymore I don't see why I should put up with this sort of stuff! Pretty sure I'm changing to 02. Was with them for years without any problems.

• Advertisement

After reading what other people have been saying, I'm a bit worried with it now. Apart from a good few years ago, I've never had any problems with contacting someone using an 086 number, its just been in the past few days that its been very troublesome.

It's a bit ridiculous alright that this is a prob. o2 should know better :P

After reading what other people have been saying, I'm a bit worried with it now. Apart from a good few years ago, I've never had any problems with contacting someone using an 086 number, its just been in the past few days that its been very troublesome.

I think the problem is with Meteor it just affect 02 numbers. A few months ago when I had this issue again Meteor phones were also very hard to reach using my house phone. Meteor numbers seem to be unreachable most of the time or just very hard to reach in a single attempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

i often attempted to ring a meteor number from my vodafone phone, and instead of ringing the persons phone, it just rings back to my earpiece, so i think its ringing, but its actually not.

Other times, it appears to immediately pick up on the other side ( almost no dialing ) and i hear nothing but my own voice echoing back lol, so i dont think its an O2 issue, but more a Meteor issue

JNive wrote:
    i often attempted to ring a meteor number from my vodafone phone, and instead of ringing the persons phone, it just rings back to my earpiece, so i think its ringing, but its actually not.

Other times, it appears to immediately pick up on the other side ( almost no dialing ) and i hear nothing but my own voice echoing back lol, so i dont think its an O2 issue, but more a Meteor issue

Identical problem with 02 ringing meteor so it must be them, don't even try calling a Meteor when on the 3g 02 network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

ergonomics wrote:
    This issue, and the not getting texts issue were the two reasons I came to this forum. I'm disappointed to learn it's widespread and not my phone. I've been with Meteor for almost 6 years now and I've reached the end of my tether. It drives me mad when people from 086 ring me and I can't hear them, especially as I depend on my phone for work. I also spend a lot of my time in Limerick city and despite the fact that I always have full signal there I always have a really bad line when people ring me. I was only with Meteor for the free text and since I don't really text anymore I don't see why I should put up with this sort of stuff! Pretty sure I'm changing to 02. Was with them for years without any problems.

Its O2 who need to get there act together i'm afraid I can send text to o2 from meteor no problems but not o2 to meteor without big delays it seems they get left in a q and when you send yourself one from o2 after a while you get the whole lot together.

Someone else says when using 02 3G they cant call meteor so what does that say its not meteors fault o2's 3g network is crap and cant place a call....

dont talk about things that you dont have an understanding of.
    In all online routing it requires 2 parties to be engaged.

Also, the amount of times that people on meteor sending me call me messages ended up sending a few of them and me receiving the entire lot together 6 hours later on vodafone ive lost count of now.

Ask people do they have these issues between O2 and Vodafone, and im sure you will much less issues compared to people having issues with services between them and meteor, logic is enough and deciding who is more likely to be the one falling behind.

And just cause you can send messages from meteor to O2 has no baring on the issue mentioned either.

You then say you cant send from O2 to meteor and they get stuck in a queue, so how do you know which queue, O2's sending or meteor's receiving etc ? lol.

EDIT: now im not saying you dont know anything about the situation, but just from your post you seemed to say that its all O2's fault without providing any information or fact leading to that conclusion
    its not meteors fault o2's 3g network is crap and cant place a call....
    Unless you have used O2's 3G network extensively you cannot make that statement really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

I'm having a similar problem. I'm on O2 bill pay and sometimes i recieve messages (no matter from what provider) up to some hours late. only if i make a call then the messages will be delivered. it seems like i have to engage directly with the network from time to time. i'm ringing 1909 now a few times per day just to initate a call...

it happens on diff handsets

Have you tried replacing your SIM talkingclock? If you have, have you logged your issue with care?

if you ever let your phone idle next to speakers, every now and then you will notice it doing a short transmission. This is where your phone 'checks-in' with the network that it is turned on and available to ensure that your connection to the cell is kept active.

This issue could be caused by the network loosing track of what cell your mobile is connected to, and then re-syncs when one of these transmission updates occur or you initiate a circuit-switched transmission, things can be weird i know, and the complexity of the whole system under the hood would boggle the mind lol.

it could also be wider issue in that the cell you are connected to, stops sending location updates to the BTS/RNC and therefore no packets get routed to your phone etc, i could go on with theories but at the end of the day, hey, its a mobile network :-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

at the moment yes, there could very well be issues like that ( by the moment, i mean over the past 2 weeks ).

However the main point of interest is in the longterm, and over the last 6 months say, regarding delivery of messages.

One thing which does often get bogged down, but hopefully is speeding up now is the sending of email & MMS from the O2 network to Vodafone or Meteor, there are delays quite often on those, however fingers crossed that its in the process of speeding up properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I have had the same problem texting my friends on Meteor, I am on O2 bill pay and I have noticed this problem over the last week... As someone said on this thread its been happening since the outage of the O2 network last week.

Advertisement