Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Allen Cunningham wins 5th bracelet

• 11-06-2007 8:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭

He just won the pot limit holdem tournament beating Jeff Lisandro heads up and also busted a certain Humberto in third. Good to see him pick another bracelet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Delighted to see Cunningham take this down! Hes a real players player imo and thats 3 years in a row now hes won bracelets!! not many fall into that catagory!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Moved to the Tournament forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Ste05 wrote:
    Moved to the Tournament forum.

Can I ask why this was moved to the tournament forum?

Relative to others Im still a newb here and I wasnt around when the forum's were segregated. My understanding is that the tournament forum is for details of events which are to be held in the future etc and that the main forum is for discussion of poker related topics outside of Bad Beats etc (which are now in their own thread) and tournament schedules which are now in the tournament forum.

IMO this thread surely doesnt fall into tournaments or bad beats and is more aligned with general poker discussion. Now that it has been moved in here it will wither and die very quickly where as if left in the main forum it had the chance to spawn into a discussion on Cunninghams merits as a 5 time bracelet winner. (thats 5 more than me BTW)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

also if the main forum is going to be monitored and have threads moved from there than surely cash game threads from the tournie section should be moved to the main forum.

eg

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055105463

and

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055104920

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

i agree with BCB's sentiments

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Delighted for him, great player with a really good respectful attitude. Pity he didn't take lasts years main event as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

BCB,

This is the rule from the Charter:

"5. Threads re. online or offline events should be posted in the sub-forum provided and will be moved without notice. Punishment Type - B *"

This forum is more than just "for details of events which are to be held in the future etc" it is for discussing events in the future and discussions of events in the past, be they Irish, International, etc.

This thread was reported as having been placed in the wrong forum, I agreed with that reporter and so moved it. Now that the WSOP is underway, we are going to get loads of XXXX just won XXXXX, and this forum is perfect for discussing such things, if everyday a named Player wins an event we are to have a thread about it the main forum will quickly get clogged up.

Moving the threads here (where they should be as they are discussing a Poker Tournament / Event) will alleviate some of that pressure and not p1ss off too many people when their threads get moved into the BB sticky or some kind of WSOP mega merge thread.

Washout,

Those are both detailing Events and should certainly stay in here.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think the way thread moves work is as follows.

Mod 1 sees thread. Mod 1 doesn't care and ignores. Mod 1 wonders why he bothers pretending to care. Mod 2 sees thread, kicks a chair and goes red in the face with anger at the apparant misplacement of the thread. Mod 2 moves said thread and takes a sedative. Mod 1 notices, and still doesn't really care one way or another. Mod 3 says something unrepeatable, types it out, but doesn't print post. Admin says something politically ambiguous.

All those roles except Admin (no names) are interchangeable I am sure. I may have used some poetic licence in some of the roles. There is no universal train of thought or conference except on specific, wider issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

5starpool wrote:
    I think the way thread moves work is as follows.

Mod 1 sees thread. Mod 1 doesn't care and ignores. Mod 1 wonders why he bothers pretending to care. Mod 2 sees thread, kicks a chair and goes red in the face with anger at the apparant misplacement of the thread. Mod 2 moves said thread and takes a sedative. Mod 1 notices, and still doesn't really care one way or another. Mod 3 says something unrepeatable, types it out, but doesn't print post. Admin says something politically ambiguous.

All those roles except Admin (no names) are interchangeable I am sure. I may have used some poetic licence in some of the roles. There is no universal train of thought or conference except on specific, wider issues.

lol :D

keep it on topic please :p

Advertisement