Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Natural Stone Tile Cutter

• 11-06-2007 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I was wondering if anyone knows what type of tile cutter to use on natural stone tiles. I'm only tiling a couple of m2 so I need a cheap option.

Also, they are floor tiles so do you think I'd get away with standard adhesive and grout for ceramic tiles as I'm struggling to find white grout for natural stone tiles?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hannah00

You could use a diamond cutting disc on an angle grinder. These only cost around €10 for the 4.1/2" size which would be ideal as long as you have access to an angle grinder.

Also on the grouting the standard white grout would probably be okay as long as you are sealing the stone before grouting & again after grouting. Have you laid natural stone before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 colmoc

Thanks for the reply hannah00. First time tiling but there has to be a first time. It's only a small under-stairs toilet so I figured it would be a good place to make any mistakes. I got some sealant from B&Q so I'm OK on that front. Should be able to get my hands on an angle-grinder so I'll have a look for a diamond disc. Any other advice appreciated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Just to add to what hannah has said, you should pick up a 4.1/2"grinder in B&Q or Woodies, maybe even lidl for less than €35 - that's if you don't already have one.

A tile cutter won't cut stone AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

Agree with the others,

I put down alot of tiles and have a table cutter, but for chinese slate and the likes a mini-grinder with a decent diamond disc is your best option.

Oh, and make sure you do the cutting outside, it is a dusty job.

Advertisement