Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colin McRae: DIRT - Pre Order Deal

• 11-06-2007 9:39am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what irish retailers are participating in the pre order deal which gives you access to 10 special cars?
    Once consumers pre-order DiRT, they will obtain a unique code and instructions on how to unlock the car pack and videos upon receiving the game. Cars included in the pack are the Subaru Impreza WRX-RA STI version II, Toyota Celica GT-FOUR, Peugot 205 T16, Lancia Delta S4, Icker Jimco buggy, McMillin Racing Car, Kamaz 4911, MAN TGA, Freightliner Century Class S/T and the Kenworth T2000.

Cheers

Mik

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

No idea , whats the release date for it , i didnt think it was out till octoberish

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It's out at the end of this week AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Release Date: 19/06/2007

Dunno of any deals, though.

I'd like to see Dirt in a good console bundle with Forza 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

mik_da_man wrote:
    It's out at the end of this week AFAIK

Sweet as - i thought in the demo it said ill see you in the fall ( dumb yank narator ) so id put it out of my mind , i bought Forza because of the lack of games out at the moment but if id known this was out this week id have let it off , Forza is about as exciting as long division

anto1208 wrote:
    Forza is about as exciting as long division

LOL :D

Ah forza is good - I've been playing it this weekend.
    But am wating for DiRT for longer - more fun

Very different games

Mik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

anto1208 wrote:
    i bought Forza because of the lack of games out at the moment but if id known this was out this week id have let it off , Forza is about as exciting as long division

:)

Now theres natural selection in all its glory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

If you pre-order the game from select retailers -- BestBuy.com, Amazon.com, GameStop, EB Games, GameCrazy -- you'll get a code to unlock 10 more cars within the game. The cars unlocked are the Subaru Impreza WRX-RA STI version II, Toyota Celica GT-FOUR, Peugot 205 T16, Lancia Delta S4, Icker Jimco buggy, McMillin Racing Car, Kamaz 4911, MAN TGA, Freightliner Century Class S/T and the Kenworth T2000. No word on whether or not these vehicles would be usable in online multiplayer modes, something that would surely upset those who didn't pre-order if it came to be.

This deal continues from now until the game's release, so you still have some time to decide if 10 more cars is enough to get you behind the wheel of DiRT.

Can't find any info or mention on Amazon.co.uk but the offer is on the .com site.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

IGN UK has given DiRT 9.0 out of 10 and cited it as being "one of the most enjoyable next-gen racing experiences we’ve had."

is gonna be good lads!;)

aleays found the colin mccrae's very satisfying to play now have to say

Yeah It's gonna be good all right.

Also discovered that the 10 Cars above are not exclusive to pre-order they are unlockable in the game
    You just get a code to unlock them from the start.

Mik

Just found this out from Codemasters site forums
    To clarify this (pre-pay) offer is only for the US, if you wish to get the already in-game cars early and do not live in the US then you have to register the game with Codies on their website and they will send you a code to unlock them.

Question Answered

Mik

• Advertisement
Advertisement