Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a good electric car.

Options
  • 11-06-2007 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

so im looking for a half decent electric car just to play around with.
    any ideas guys?
    what have use got if any?
    any links or pics would be great thanks
    cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

On-road?
    Off-road?
    Budget?

I am guessing on road. A good cheap one would be a Tamiya TT-01. They are proven to be great starter cars. Of couse with the stock motor you ant going to be going very fast..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Traxxas Rustler - tough as nails, fast enough, great array of hop-ups and spares available. Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭corpseorourke

ye im not on a budget but i dont want to be paying an arm an a leg either know what i mean.
    rustler looks like a good 1
    im thinking of getting an electric to have for when my nitros are out of action lol
    an i figure it less troublesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

T-Maxx wrote:
    Traxxas Rustler - tough as nails, fast enough, great array of hop-ups and spares available. Link
    Ditto.
    Have one sitting beside me. Takes anything I throw at it;) Most cars dont like jumping into walls and stuff like that... the rustler takes it in its stride

EDIT: Yeah It is nicer to jsut plug in and go. I havn't expereinced a tuff nitro yet from a leading brand so cant relaly compare them. If you want it when there is no nitro you will want 2(at least) batterys and probably a fast charger

ye 2 i agree i dont think iv ever had it easy with any nitro car i love them but they dont love me lol
    also iv had only a handful of actual brand new out of the box car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

ebay have a few .....

http://search.ebay.ie/traxxas-rustler_W0QQfcclZ1QQfclZ4QQfnuZ1QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1

Is it available anywhere in Ireland? .... :confused:

i cant seem to find any in ireland i must just be over looking a shop or 2.
    where did you guys get yours?
    any chance of selling them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

you could go to chequered flag in terenure theyve 1 electric truck on sale

ye its looking like il have to travel to get anything lol do you know what truck is on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

ye its looking like il have to travel to get anything lol do you know what truck is on sale?

What exactly are you looking for?

• Advertisement

at this very moment im looking for a traxxas rustler my nitros are out on commision and id like something to tied me over!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

well i think its the new or the 1st(dont know which)electric hpi truck

Advertisement