Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Air-con

Options
  • 11-06-2007 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

I work in a wonderful office block in Dublin 1, the air-con in the office in broken, the windows don't open and it is extremely hot. I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with.

What obligations do my employer have to sort the situation?

Is there a max acceptable temperature? (I remember in school there was a minimum, if it fell below 16 we could go home).

Where can I buy a small desk fan?

Thanks everybody.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Dr.Bunson wrote:
    I work in a wonderful office block in Dublin 1, the air-con in the office in broken, the windows don't open and it is extremely hot. I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with.

What obligations do my employer have to sort the situation?

Is there a max acceptable temperature? (I remember in school there was a minimum, if it fell below 16 we could go home).

Where can I buy a small desk fan?

Thanks everybody.
    We had the same situation in work recently, and the upper limit mentioned was 27 degrees celsius. Link here is good for background and general info ... http://www.niso.ie/faq/workplaceconditions.htm

this one is probably more specific for your needs ...
    http://www.hsa.ie/publisher/index.jsp?&1nID=93&nID=97&aID=1517

good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 worksucks

What is the lower limit??

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note a fan actually heats up a space - it only cools one point.

Try to get some reflective blinds - silver or white in colour.

Advertisement