Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Download cumulative security updates since XP SP2?

• 11-06-2007 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

I like to format my hard disk and do a lovely clean install of Windows every now and then just to keep things running smoothly. One thing that I don't like about doing it, though, is that it leaves my computer unprotected for the first few hours while connected to the internet, downloading all the security updates again.

I have the original XP CD and the SP2 update CD, so I can get the computer to SP2 before I connect to the internet, but that still leaves quite a few vulnerabilities.

Is there some way I can download a file that will install cumulative security updates since SP2? I know from the Windows Download Centre you can download each update individually, but it would be pretty frustrating deciding exactly which ones I need, and maybe they need to be installed in a certain order or something... it would just be messy.

Any ideas? Thanks

Edit: Just to clarify, I want to download this cumulative update file so I can save it on a USB stick or something and then after reinstalling Windows I can run it before I connect to the internet, and so be fully up-to-date with security updates before I go online.

Comments

Advertisement