Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photoshop CS3- where to get?

• 11-06-2007 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Hey so sorry if this is in the wrong forum, by all means move...

I've never used Photoshop before and want to get the new edition of it (CS3) for my PC, so I can't go for the Upgrade in it, but it seems outrageously expensive everywhere I look for it.

Anyone know of any cheaper sites that sell it at a competitive price? The cheapest I have found so far was £464 from a UK site.

Thanks a mil!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Yeah I dont even think you right kidney would fetch enough for the new CS3. It's expensive alright.

There are alternatives like GIMP http://www.gimp.org/screenshots/. But not as powerful as Photoshop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭martin84

One here in Ireland for €638. Still prity expensive. Haven't bought anything from them so it might be worth asking here if they are ok.
    BSC Direct

Sorry this is an upgrade package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

tbh if you're not doing anything overly complex or "professional", get GIMP (as blackwizard was saying).

nifty program, especially if all you're doing is a bit of editing/making forum sigs and the like...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Hey!
    If you are only doing image editing or small adjustments I would recommend
    downloading paint.net, It's completely free and extremely user friendly.
    Not as many effects as PS but you can download extra plugins etc.

650,000 downloads on download.com should justify it!

LINK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

PS ain't cheap, brilliant stuff though. I have CS3 but I rolled back to CS2, frankly cuz I thought Corel made a mess of things in the new version as there appears to be many problems and bugs (Unnecessarily eats RAM, chokes CPU, etc.) IMO.

I used to use Paint Shop Pro years ago. Version 4 I think but it had loads of certain tools before PS implemented them and the trial never ran out or limited anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

gimpshop is also worth looking at. It's gimp with a photoshop style frontend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Are you a student? Adobe student prices are only a fraction of retail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

or maybe photoshop elements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

consider the profits you can make if you know the software. Its not really expensive. Its an investment.

Do you really need it? Maybe try get a second hand CS or CS2?

Im working in CS still because I didnt bother upgrading yet.

If you are a student you can buy it on apple.com in the student store.... cough...cough they dont look for proof if you wanted to get it in some students name that you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

The entire CS3 suite is only €299 for students and Photoshop CS3 Extended Edition is €169 on its own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

bittorrent :D

Advertisement