Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P.a.

Options
  • 11-06-2007 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

I'm going to get a PA later this week and I had a few questions for those who have had it done. I'm not going to ask how painful it is coz I don't want to know :eek:

I'm more interested in the practicalities, I'll list them out;

Will it bleed much over the following days?

If it does whats the best way to deal with it?

Will my wee wee go all multi-directional on me?

How long before I can have sex (realistically)?

Should I wear tight boxers or loose?

Any other advice/warnings/tips you can give me would be well received too ;)

Cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Will it bleed much over the following days? It'll do one of two things bleed or swell, if it swells the pressure will control most the bleeding and you'll only get a little bit of blood, if it bleeds get ready to throw out some boxers :D

If it does whats the best way to deal with it? For the bleeding just get some gauze from a chemist and wrap it loosely with it

Will my wee wee go all multi-directional on me? Yes, be prepared for sit down peeing

How long before I can have sex (realistically)? A minimum of ten days, the better question is when is it gonna stop hurting long enough for you to want to have sex

Should I wear tight boxers or loose? Won't make a difference tbh but the tight ones might be easier to keep the gauze in place if you go that route

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

How long before I can have sex (realistically)? A minimum of ten days, the better question is when is it gonna stop hurting long enough for you to want to have sex

Cheers amazingemmet I can handle ten days I suppose :) but you raise another question, ok then; how long should it take before it stops hurting long enough for me to want to have sex?

Different for everyone tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Dont have a P.a., but do have an apadravya.

It probably will bleed, for atleast 2 - 4 days afterwards.
    It wont be constant, it will happen when you dont expect it to, the best thing is to make sure your not in work, and if you are just bring a change of jocks with you.
    The best treatments for it are Salt soaks, this is simply a half cup of salt in a warm bath, or else a similar ratio in a bowl of water, just leave it soak in it, the salt is good for the wound and the warm water will help you relax (and also bring about urination tendancies).
    Remember that your urine is sterile so that will also help the healing process. Be prepared for stinging aswell for the first few days. Its not excruciating but it is a discomfort. also get yourself some saline solution shampoo, and some non perfumed clinical soap from a chemist, comes in handy.
    remmeber, when it comes to Sex, the longer you leave the piercing heal the better it will be. I gave mine 2 months before I even touched it (intimately of course ;) ) but its not essential.

The peeing is the biggest hinderence.
    Personally I'm a bit of a clean freak so I dislike any form of mess or soaking.
    Urinals have become a last ditch thing for me now, so im normally the guy queuing for a cublicle in a nightclub.

for the first while, especially if you are uncircumsized, your foreskin will have to adjust to the foreign object, and it is gonna hurt the most. Pulling back for peeing is a must, otherwise it will drip for longer afterwards. Get into the habbit of sitting down if you can, but after a few weeks standing up wont be a problem, just make sure you stand well back and practise your aim unless your ok with splash marks on your trousers :D

apart from that theres nothing else but to treat it with respect and be careful when you do have sex the first time, dont be forceful as its not only you that can end up injured but your partner also.

And remember, the more you care for it the better it will be, so enjoy your new life long toy :D

best of luck

Cheers Doodee,

I'm not what you'd call a clean freak but I don't like pissing on myself lol. I wear a hoodie so I'll have to watch out for that especially if it swells. I dunno if I'll last two months but I'd say I'll give it a couple of weeks.

Will it bleed more if I get an erection?

Ok I need to stop thinking about this for a while I'm starting to freak myself out hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Yeh getting the pissing down is an art, after a few weeks you get used to it though. Although some mornings are still a bit wonky!

Be prepared for the bleeding, stick a towel under you when you go to bed the first night, it does bleed a lot!

Painwise, I didnt find it too bad, I mainly found the tube down the japseye part the worst!

Id suggest you go and get this done, its worth every penny!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've been considering this for quite a while now too... but I keep being put off by the thought of the needle... *shudders*

Painwise, I know pain is usually subjective, but what'd it be comparable with?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rebs23

One very important consideration is the size of the ring. It might seem obvious but believe me a good fitting will ensure that your bleeding is minimised and that you can resume having sex as quickly as possible. TBH it is one of the least painful piercings you can get done and having your jar ready at all times with warm salty water for bathing will ensure a speedy healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Cool, thats just making me consider it more now...

I'm going in to get measured for the ring this evening :eek:

My mind is almost made up to get it done. I'll be off to the chemist then to buy a roll of gauze and a pair of mittens to keep me from messing with it hehe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

id say the worst part will be getting your lil man out for another dude :p

Wilburt wrote:

It's not a dude ;) I did get a look at the receiver tube alright, I thought it would be smaller.....

Wilburt wrote:

Nah the worst one is getting it out for a dude then popping a boner and being left confused wether it was the guy touching your dick or the piercing that got you aroused.

Advertisement