Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actual Curriculum vitae

Options
  • 11-06-2007 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Working in an Internet café, about three years ago there was a big group of Chinese students looking for summer jobs. Since the majority didn't have computer skills, they came to me with written pieces of paper for me to type out. I must have done at least thirty of them. Most of them were kinda fine, very basic and nothing special, but functional. However, there was one lad who's CV was quite ehrm.....see for yourself! So below is an actual CV I typed up. Its 100% the actual CV, I just replaced some things with asterisks (stars):
    Curriculum vitae

Personal details

First name: ***
    Surname: ****
    English name: *******
    Sex: Male
    Marital status: Single
    Date of birth: **/**/1984
    Nationality: Chinese
    Phone: 086-*******
    Present address: ** *********
    Rahoon, Galway

Education

14/03/2004 – present: GCI school learn English language
    30/09/2003 – 10/02/2004: First term in college
    01/09/2000 – 15/06/2003: Fujian Middle School

Work experience

In China, I worked in factory, staff member in supermarket and waiter in hotel.

In China, the capital is Beijing. I’m studying GCI school. In domestic I attend college, learned about tour and management in hotel. I know management level of hotels. It’s very best in Ireland. I love work in hotels and supermarkets. So I’d like to become master in hotel or supermarket. I will do it best and great. Do well done. I believe God. You believe me? I felt Ireland people very friendly. You’re going to China. You must be to visit the great wall. It’s very grand! Chairman Mao said: “Not arrive the great wall you is not a hero!”

jacQues
    (funny hamster)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

Class - I would hire him/her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭TeenageKicks

Not funny tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Let's see you type up a CV in Chinese so.

That would be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Why didnt ya just be a decent bloke and fix it up a bit.. wouldnt have been difficult! instead of taking the piss!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

removed as per sticky :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Not funny tbh
    Please read the forum stickies.

One week ban.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Wheres the joke? So (s)he's english is poor, where's the punch line?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

When you translate Chinese directly it gets funny.

I will do it best and great. Do well done.
    I believe God. You believe me?
    You’re going to China. <- I am?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jacQues

Sorry if its not all that funny to ye.

As someone who has to review CVs to select candidates from time to time, this CV is absolutely hilarious, a real cracker. Maybe not so funny to students. :D I promise to do better next time.

jacQues
    (:o hamster)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Cake Fiend wrote:
    Let's see you type up a CV in Chinese so.

That would be funny.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

its funny and i like it. its also an original and not the usual regurgitated rubbish that people find on other websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I don't get it!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

jacQues wrote:
    Sorry if its not all that funny to ye.

As someone who has to review CVs to select candidates from time to time, this CV is absolutely hilarious, a real cracker. Maybe not so funny to students. :D I promise to do better next time.

jacQues
    (:o hamster)

My definition of hilarious and your definition of hilarious differ greatly! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Don't mind them JacQues I cracked up at the last stuff. So the people here don't think that recommending sites to visit in China and quoting Mao is funny and it's just a translation issue? Stick to dick jokes if you wanna please the moron brigade :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

lol good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Haha. I hope he became master in supermarket :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

boreds wrote:
    Haha. I hope he became master in supermarket :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wGR4-SeuJ0

maybe he did

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

any CV that quotes Chairman Mao is impressive in the hilarity stakes, in my book. :D

Advertisement