Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tues June 12th 20:00 St Judes -v- Inter yerauldone

Options
  • 11-06-2007 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

Who can make this game tomorrow at 8pm in St Judes? Please post asap either way to let us know if you're available or not.

I'm not sure which Inter yerauldone team it is, but this is the bunch of muppets that put 2 teams into the same league, and also gave us a couple of beatings, so we owe them big time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Carl will be there = 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'll be there (3)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mikie

Sorry lads injury - will be back next Tuesday. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

i'll be there #4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Me & John will be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'll be there - that's 7

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Lads, I think we should change the approach for posting availability - if everybody just pastes the list in the post above theirs and updates their own status, it means we'll have an at-a-glance view of who is and is not available. It'll also make it easier to identify who hasn't posted and follow-up (though I can't do this at the moment as I don't have anyone's mobile numbers).

So for tomorrow's game we have:

Jules - will be there
    Carl (keeper) - will be there
    Colm Larkin - will be there
    Michael - will be there
    Darragh - will be there
    Ste - will be there
    Shay - wll be there
    John - will be there
    Mikie - injured
    Colm Field - unconfirmed (but probable)
    Niall - unconfirmed (but probable)
    Ed - unknown
    Keith - unknown
    Joe - unknown
    Enda - unknown
    Lepo - unknown (but unlikely - has he left for US yet?)
    Others - none yet

So if Colm Field comes along and wants to post saying he'll be there he just copies this list and changes it to 'Colm Field - will be there'. Don't go copying and pasting from the first list - use the latest list from the most recent post so you don't leave out someone's update.

I've put together that list just based on who I can think of that is still an active squad member, so apologies if I've overlooked anyone. When Lepo goes this week that's a total of 15, and given the likelihood of missing a couple of players every week (which will get worse with the holiday season), it's starting to look like a very threadbare squad. We're lacking cover in several key positions, so my opinion is that we need to start looking at improving the squad. We should be looking at bringing in players that will genuinely improve the squad and be committed, as opposed to just beefing up the numbers. We can discuss at the match tomorrow and then Des can act on it when he gets back next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

Jules - will be there
    Michael - will be there
    Darragh - will be there
    Ste - will be there
    Shay - wll be there
    John - will be there
    Mikie - injured
    Ed - unknown
    Keith - unknown
    Joe - will be there
    Enda - unknown
    Others - none yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

bro and his mates available.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

Jules - will be there
    Michael - will be there
    Darragh - will be there
    Ste - will be there
    Shay - wll be there
    John - will be there
    Mikie - injured
    Ed - unknown
    Keith - unknown
    Joe - will be there
    Enda - unavailable
    Others - none yet

Going to have to stay in work late today unfortunately. :(
    Good look against the aul ones!

Jules - will be there
    Colm Larkin - won't be there
    Michael - will be there
    Darragh - will be there
    Ste - will be there
    Shay - wll be there
    John - will be there
    Mikie - injured
    Ed - unknown
    Keith - unknown
    Joe - will be there
    Enda - unavailable
    Others - none yet

Jules - will be there
    Michael - will be there
    Darragh - will be there
    Ste - will be there
    Shay - wll be there
    John - will be there
    Mikie - injured
    Ed - will be there (giving him a lift)
    Keith - unknown
    Joe - will be there
    Enda - unavailable
    Others - none yet

Good man Shay, thanks for that update.

That gives us 9 confirmed plus I do think Niall & Colm Field will be there, which would give us the bare 11. I've arranged for my mate Gav to come, and will give him a run 2nd half if need be, he is a good player,versatile and should improve the squad, though we'll wait for Des to return before confirming any additions to the squad after discussion with the group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wobbler

Sorry for the late reply lads, wanted to leave it as late as possible before deciding. Injured my Achilles' tendon in the friendly on Sunday :( I'll come along anyway though.

Jules - will be there
    Michael - will be there
    Darragh - will be there
    Ste - will be there
    Shay - wll be there
    John - will be there
    Mikie - injured
    Colm Field - injured
    Keith - unknown
    Joe - will be there
    Enda - unavailable
    Others - none yet

Colm Field just replied to my text to say he's injured, Niall is almost certain to play but I'm waiting for a text to confirm. That gives us 10 of our own squad plus my mate Gav = we're down to barebones.

Anto - just saw your post that your bro (David?) & mates are available. Thanks for sending them down last time - I felt they played well, though there was some unhappiness that I gave 4 new lads a run at the expense of some of our players (imo they'd come a long way so a run was fair, though I admit I could've handled it better). So personally, I'd like to have them in the squad, but that's a decision for Des to make, possibly after consulting the squad on his return. For the moment, if your bro plus one mate could come that would give us some subs and hopefully not upset anyone in the interim?

Updated list:

Jules - will be there
    Michael - will be there
    Darragh - will be there
    Ste - will be there
    Shay - wll be there
    John - will be there
    Mikie - injured
    Colm Field - injured, but will watch
    Niall - almost certainly available
    Keith - unknown
    Joe - will be there
    Enda - unavailable
    Others - Gav (Jules mate)

In fairness I think we should bring all 4 of them. It's not my decision though. We either want to win or we don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jquinn

I think we played well in the second half...with the new players. I dont see a problem with new players coming. it all depends if you are happy to get beat every week or not.the more competition for places the better...i guess the people who are unhappy think they are not gonna get in the team if we add to the squad.

Good point John. If there are any objections let them be raised here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 niallnow

Sorry for the late post lads, sent Jules a PM, not feelin the may west, but will play if we are stuck for numbers.

Jules - will be there
    Michael - will be there
    Darragh - will be there
    Ste - will be there
    Shay - wll be there
    John - will be there
    Mikie - injured
    Colm Field - injured, but will watch
    Niall - Sick, but will play if needed
    Keith - unknown
    Joe - will be there
    Enda - unavailable
    Others - Gav (Jules mate)

• Advertisement

In relation to other people playing for the team. You have to remember alot of people on the team paid so that there could be a team, and i personally didn't pay to sit on the bench while some other fella (who didn't pay) goes on instead of me. If our numbers are dwindling and people who paid are leaving so be it, then we have to get others on board. But i presume Des makes the final decision as the manager or does the team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jquinn

it comes back to it again---Do players want to be involved with a team that wins or loses. Money cannot guarantee a game. If i pay gordon Strachan €1000 i might ask him to give me 20 mins at parkhead at the start of next season.

It's a slightly ridiculous comparison. Fair enough money can't guarantee a game, but if money hadn't been paid there wouldn't be a team to play for and so no game to get. Every player wants to be part of a team that wins, but a team that wins also trains and turns up for friendly's.

We're now down to 9 of our own players plus Gav confirmed. Fair play Niall for offering to play while sick, but it doesn’t sound ideal, though you’ll be best placed to make that call later on. I'll PM Anto and try confirm that he can get his bro and one of his mates to come – that would give us 12, plus Niall if needed. If Anto’s bro brings all 3 mates that gives us 14 plus Niall.

As I’ve said before, my personal vote is to bring in players to add to and improve the squad, but I’m only looking after it as a favour while Des is away, and to be honest can do without the hassle of selecting from 15 to give everyone a run without upsetting anyone. So 12 plus Niall seems a good compromise for tonight, and yes, final decision will be Des’ when he returns, though as in the past, I’m sure he’ll consult with the squad first.

The issue of payment is a red herring though, and I don’t think it should be a factor in this discussion: if we work off the assumption that any new players would pay for the remaining games (like Carl currently is doing), it’ll mean everyone is contributing and so payment status won’t be a factor in selection.

As discussed on Sunday, regular friendlies might be the best way to improve the turnout at the weekend session – benefits everyones’ fitness and gives players not in starting 11 a chance to impress.

I PMed Anto a while ago asking him to confirm if his brother and one mate could come along tonight. No word back as yet (though he may well have left work or something) - does anyone have his mobile number? PM it to me if you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Just a quick one.

Geoff will be there aswell this evening. Possibly Russell.

Jules, I've PM'd you Anto's number.

I should be back to this is a day or two lads.

I've been keeping an eye on it all, and will post properly soon.

Good luck tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I PMed Anto a while ago asking him to confirm if his brother and one mate could come along tonight. No word back as yet (though he may well have left work or something) - does anyone have his mobile number? PM it to me if you do.

He be there with lad who scored.

kdjac

Grand, thanks lads, knew I was forgetting someone on that list.

So that means we are grand for numbers and there's no pressure on Niall to play if he's sick.

how'd ye get on?

only left work half an hour ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

2-2. Good game that we should have won. Started with 10 men. That had us stretched from the start. Couple of sloppy passed when we didnt need them caught us on the hop when we were attacking and they ran us with long balls. We foughtback and Jules mate scored.

I had 2 spells up front. :) Have to say I enjoyed it. Managed a lot mre runnign than I thought I would. Have to try that again.

Advertisement