Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Paper 2 HL

Options
  • 11-06-2007 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

:(:( What a disaster.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cormac17

it wasnt 2 bad!!!! not as bad as paper 1 neway!!!!

the further cal was though:(:(
    trig was hard neuf 2,,,didnt get 5 (b) at all:(,,but Q 2,4,6 were my life savers:D,,i defo passed neway:D thats all i was worryin bout,,failin!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Shark-69

What a bitch of a paper...DidQ1,2,3,4,5,8....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I did all of 1-8 but I would think 1-5 and 8 were my 6 best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

carlowboy wrote:
    :(:( What a disaster.

Thank god someone else thinks so too! Couldn't get Q1 (a).. I hadn't looked over them :( Just couldn't remember. Coudn't get the Trig C parts... so close.. forgot to go back to the last question on the line (iii)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭______

i done 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 8.

i thought it went brilliant, gonna refuse to dissect the paper becuase right now i feel i've passed on it alone.

and why would i want to lose that feeling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Got it all! Q2,4,5,6,7,8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭euwwy deuwwy

That paper really annoyed me!!!!!!!! I made so many stupid mistakes!! What was the story with the (t) scaler in the part C vectors question? Nd what did people get for Q6c iii.Its the one where you have to work out extra values for w and r or something. I didnt get it finished nyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alancork

Horrible..:( :(

to prove sin(A+B)

It said derive so you could just stick in -B...... right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I was going brilliantly, like I found the paper, dare I say it, 'easy' until the option section that is. I lost the blue maths book that covers the option section so couldn't revise until this morning when I borrowed it off someone. I'll be hoping for attempt marks in that section. I decided to do the probability option as well since it didn't look too bad but couldnt get part c)
    Ah well, I don't need to count maths anyway unless I was to get sick and miss another exam

• Advertisement

Nehpets wrote:
    to prove sin(A+B)

It said derive so you could just stick in -B...... right?

well.. crap. I didn't see the prove sin(a+b) and only derived from cos(a+b). 20 marks lost? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

What was with that "t" in the vectors question??? What did you do with it. I'd say i got about 60% on the paper, Q8 i could only do part (a) and the maclaurn series in part (b). So hopefully that will get me 20 marks in that question. pert (c) i did by integration (not by parts), but looked at a formual to do with tan^-1 in the tables. Im sure its wrong though, because it said it needed x/a but there was only x......

x is x/1 so a is one. But that forumla isn't for integration (I think)

I left the t in the vectors question :s but I also left in the i's and j's after I multplied them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Circle not too bad but I don't think i got out C fully. Vectors much of the same as with the line. I think I may have got all of 4 and certainly 5. Option was a total nightmare, couldn't do a or b ii.

The way I see it is that if you knew your proofs, the SEC seems to want to give everyone a B from the (a) and (b) parts from both papers. They're not so nice with the As though as the (c) parts in some questions were quite tricky. If you want a B, it was a lovely paper IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Not too bad couldnt get the C part of teh first trig question or the c part of the option and one part of the first probability/combination c part. Id say i passed and hopefully a B altogether with both papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whatshername!!

I hated question 8. did anyone use integration by parts aload of people i was talking to didnt but i did i think i got it wrong though coz i got 0

For part c integration by parts was needed. the answer is on the other thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Why wouldn't you use integration by parts? It's question 8. Normal integration isn't on paper 2....

lol, that's true. When I looked at it nightmares of evaluating pi came to mind but then I realised what it was. Part a was harder :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whatshername!!

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Why wouldn't you use integration by parts? It's question 8. Normal integration isn't on paper 2....

Thats what i thought too but a load of people said it today after the exam and i was just wondering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Nehpets wrote:
    lol, that's true. When I looked at it nightmares of evaluating pi came to mind but then I realised what it was. Part a was harder :p
    Part (a) was a very basic and easy question, but it required you to actually understand calculus propery and be able to link it with algebra.

I would say extremely basic was part a. Do they do that in ordinary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 eily

im actually not going to college. damn my pride!

Advertisement