Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Paper 2 OL- how'd it go?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Jay112 wrote:
    some lads had (16,0) for the less costing construction!me on the otherhand been the plank i was said (0,0)

Lol your right though...but ye it is (16,0)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

cabla wrote:
    Lol your right though...but ye it is (16,0)

I blame my techer with the whole Conspiracy '' trick questions '' he tells us could come up lol wait till i get a hold of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Haha. Apparently question 2c(ii) (I think) was meant to've been the same as the question 2b(ii) in the junior cert. God I love ordinary maths..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 pilchard

Does anyone have an answer, they think may be right for Q2 Cii) i got (8,11), but found the question strange....

I got (-8,11).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Jay112 wrote:
    some lads had (16,0) for the less costing construction!me on the otherhand been the plank i was said (0,0)
    Lol techincally you're not wrong! I don't see how they could mark you wrong. There was no 'some must be built' or any fancy wording around it.

I had it written down and all but changed it. What kind of financial advisor would say, 'well, to save your expenses, don't build the thing, fool!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

3 of my questions seemed absolutely perfect(seemed! im not promising anything) the oters where ok until Q11 (b):confused: which i had 1/2 hour of decoding the question and trying to prove i knew how it worked in the end all i had was some strange atempts at divding people into cottages, if i could have figuured out the two equations to start the question it would have gone perfect the rest of the way, many of my classmates complained about Q11 (b). And to think (a) had gone so well

Jay112 wrote:
    Spank wrote:
    Lol techincally you're not wrong! I don't see how they could mark you wrong. There was no 'some must be built' or any fancy wording around it.

I had it written down and all but changed it. What kind of financial advisor would say, 'well, to save your expenses, don't build the thing, fool!'

i had (0,0), but then i added 'assuming something has to be built, then- 16cottages and no appartments'.. so i dunno, it was one of the few ambiguous questions, imo

The other ambiguous question, according to a friend, was Q6 Ciii). she answeed that:
    all of the numbers made are devisable by 5 just not all of them devide evenly....
    we're all thinking that it probably wont be marked correct but.. the question does not specify that they have to devide in evenly.:)

pilchard wrote:
    The other ambiguous question, according to a friend, was Q6 Ciii). she answeed that:
    all of the numbers made are devisable by 5 just not all of them devide evenly....
    we're all thinking that it probably wont be marked correct but.. the question does not specify that they have to devide in evenly.:)
    Yeah. Hard to argue against her I suppose. If she ends up dropping a grade because of that answer, make sure she gives out ****e about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

I did Qs 1,2,3,5,6 and Vectors! The vectors Q threw me at the beginning but it was ok a few minutes later.:D
    I reckon a got an A2 at the very least...kinda makes me wish I had actually put work into maths and done honors!:mad: Woulda meant i could of done way more college courses i wanted to!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dean-16

il be lucky to get over 55% overall> paper 1 was much easier imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Yeah, paper one was real handy in comparison I must say.
    I really liked the probability question which I was ****ting over before the exam:/
    Dont try predict, you dont know the marking scheme and wont until August 15th.
    The Linear programming question better be marked easy:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

That was a great paper!!! I hope it will push me up into the A zone as my paper1 was a wee bit muck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

Paper was grand for me but thanks to linear programming theres no way i'm getting an A1 now :( Did question 1,2,3,5,6 and Q11. I figured out how your actually meant to do it in the last 2 minutes but i didn't have enough time to re draw it! I hope to god they change the marking scheme cause otherwise i'm gonna have to repeat!

Advertisement