Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun Life, good to work in?

• 11-06-2007 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi, probably work&jobs a better forum technically but i said i'd post here.

I'm going to go to the Sun Life open day this sat down in Waterford, and am just wondering what they're like to work for?

And also what would the salary range for Grad-type-programmer role?

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Don't mean to scare you off Nads, but the only lads I know in there are in Support. They hate the place. Programming could be totally different though, so don't go by my words.
    From a salary point of view my I can't advise at all.

Waterford is a good place to move if quality of life concerns you at all though, have no hesitations there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

would echo roens sentiments there i worked in sun life about 5 or 6 years back and lasted 2 months before getting out of there pronto

Programming is the only good job in that place, if your going for support forget it

Shin

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Support there would be abit different then the likes of AOL as you'd only be dealing with clients within the company..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭nads

cheers lads, will definately push for non-support role anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I did a walk in interview for them a few years ago and to be honest I was not impressed with the attitude of the guy interviewing me and I also did not like the way they described their work.

I am a developer so I was walking to one of their project leads about development work. I was asked to come see them in Waterford but I didn't accept, I just didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling about the place. Just my opinion though, maybe others have had different experiences.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I went for an interview 3 years ago there. Got no feedback whatsoever not even a PFO.

As echoed support sounds bad in that place. Money is apparently better in AOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Anyone know what dev is like there? Im applying for a job there also... Im a java dev with 2+ years

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

AOL aint that better in fairness (from what iv told, and experience in applying the many time they kept loosing my information)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

you could keep an eye on this thread also:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055106036

Advertisement