Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Lock

Options
  • 11-06-2007 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

While I was out bashing yesterday the motor came loose again and the gear mesh got messed. I moved the motor to 2 holes instead of a long one so I had a choice, All was well.

But today the screws came very loose. Okay I thought so I brought it in and tightend it up. After that I went back for more... The mesh got messed again but nothing was loose :eek:

I could make a tighter mesh but I need something to stop the screws coming loose and the motor sliding out of place... Thread lock seems the ansewer but I dont have any and wont be able to get any for a while. Is there any substitute?

I also had my first breakage(s) on the rustler today :D Made up a fine ramp and blew out my front to shocks. Which doesn't make sense as I landed on all 4 each time. I found the litle rubber cups for them both. can they be repaired? or would it be cheaper to buy new ones? ( I want thicker shock oil, the suspension is very soft) And my tires got all soft and loose from the heat :D
    Thankers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Threadlock is what you need - will keep the mounting screws from working loose from the engine vibrations. Loctite 243 comes to mind right now (not sure about the number now), just about every diy store should stock it.

Re the shock caps you could wrap some PTFE (plumbers) tape around the shock body threads before screwing on the cap again. Else upgrading to aluminium shocks should solve the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

I see.
    I have Loctite superglue?
    I also have Evo-stick serious glue(:D ) This drys kinda rubber like its flexible but I think it might work.
    Wich would be better out of the 2 do ya think? and plumers tape. should be able to find some in my dads toolbox (:D )

I don't think the "super glue" will work because it dries too brittle - will prolly just vibrate loose after a while.

I've never seen let alone used the "serious glue", but my guess is that it's prolly too viscous to go into the fine threads to work either.

Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

If you dont have thread lock try a lock washer.
    Though you should easily get thread lock in any diy shop....and i was in leixlip this mornin... coulda given ya some

:( I posted to late for ya doktor.

T-Max : It doesnt seem to think so I will give it a shot. Do you know where I can get shocks? There isnt any on towerhobbies. Preferrably with blue springs to go with a project.

Thanks

• Advertisement

I think the stock T-Maxx and Rustler shocks are exactly the same - in which case eBay would be your friend...

Yeah That would mean the TMaxx has kinda small shocks, But I could be wrong. I'll look up on it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

If they are the same as T-Maxx shocks, then contact Enda over on Navan Nitro Nuts. I sent him some spare T-Maxx shocks recently. ( New ones ) ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

If you have no thread lock ... use nail varnish.

Will not last so long, as Loctite or Devcon, but while it lasts it is just as good.

Will try the vanish, Thanks

I now need a new pullstart :( the one on the stormracer went. That car is jsut problemo after problemo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Try planes ... once you learn to stay off the ground, they just go on and on and on .... so trouble free it's a dream....

But 1st learn to stay up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

coolwings wrote:
    But 1st learn to stay up there!

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

ive got just what you need,its a pullstart from my old stormracer.if you want it its for free:) :)

Advertisement