Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

linear programming question(OL mathsp2)

Options
  • 11-06-2007 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

wat was with it ??? it is usually very easy and i always get full marks in it but could only do part (a) was hopin for an A1 but def not getting that now!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Yeah it was impossible.I mean Linear Equations is my worst area (we should have done that extended sequences and series thing.That would have been much easier) but that still was much harder than it should have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Trial_Version

I thought it was pretty easy. It all worked out no prob. Was havin trouble wit the Trig myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rnnmlly

I thought it was pretty easy. It all worked out no prob. Was havin trouble wit the Trig myself.

i thought trig was da esiest thing on da paper but dat is my best question!!!! ithought that the linear programming question was hard to understand especially compared 2 other years!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

I think it was a pretty easy question.frased a bit different but thats all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Fairy

I thought that it was really weird!! I think I got it out though..not sure. Trig waa hard enough even though everybody else in school was saying it was easy!! :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Anyone know what the correct answer was? The point I got for maximum income was (150,100) I think and (0,16) for minimum construction costs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I can see adjustments being made to the marking scheme for the Linear Programming question, probably more attempt marks going for it then usual. I for one found it very difficult and couldn't get it to work and I usually get 50/50 on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

i got it to work no bother, but i got (0,40) for most profitable? Anyone get that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

cabla wrote:
    i got it to work no bother, but i got (0,40) for most profitable? Anyone get that?

Alot of people got (16,0) or (0,16) i cant remember which it was!!

Jay112 wrote:
    Alot of people got (16,0) or (0,16) i cant remember which it was!!

Thats for cheapest...im talking most profitable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

cabla wrote:
    Thats for cheapest...im talking most profitable

oh sorry, it was (0,40) i think!

Ahhhh excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Valde

Q1 was the easiest thing on the paper, the Linear Programming was a nightmare I went and did further seq and serieses <3 Rates and Interest :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

its all in the vectors people.... linear looked 2 confusing,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 pilchard

i found it ok once i'd calmed down and re-read it.. i understand it at first, and paniked cos its one of my better questions.:(

i told my maths teacher the answers i got and she said they seemed right:) , but that she needed to work it out in order to be sure. but i got:
    Bi) 3x + 2y <= 60
    5x + 2y <= 80
    Bii) 10 houses and 15 appartments (Max Income)
    Biii) 16 Cottages No appartments (Minimum Costs)

It was the first part (11a)of the Question that i had most problems with..

pilchard wrote:
    i found it ok once i'd calmed down and re-read it.. i understand it at first, and paniked cos its one of my better questions.:(

i told my maths teacher the answers i got and she said they seemed right:) , but that she needed to work it out in order to be sure. but i got:
    Bi) 3x + 2y <= 60
    5x + 2y <= 80
    Bii) 10 houses and 15 appartments (Max Income)
    Biii) 16 Cottages No appartments (Minimum Costs)

It was the first part (11a)of the Question that i had most problems with..

I know the the simultanious bit gives you (10,15) but i didnt think it gave the greatest amount of income...i thought it was (0,40)

1st part was easy..
    !st one was...cant remember the numbers but like it was 8x+3y+10>=0 (made up numbers)
    2nd was like x<=0
    3rd was like y>=0

Think that was it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 daraghc

Steve01 wrote:
    Anyone know what the correct answer was? The point I got for maximum income was (150,100) I think and (0,16) for minimum construction costs

I think it was (15,10) for max, at least that's what i got

Ya i think i got (0,16) for minimum

cabla wrote:
    I know the the simultanious bit gives you (10,15) but i didnt think it gave the greatest amount of income...i thought it was (0,40)

i didnt get (0,40) as one of the points included in the second part of the question...
    i got the points (0,30) (16,0) (0,0) (10,15)

but i might be wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

any hear on the radio about the linear programing question that it was supposidly worded wrong or something...

was a very hard question i know i got it all right bar the very very last part of it which i still attempted...

Every1 i have talked with say there was something fecked up with it, was well set out to take the piss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

cabla wrote:

Yeah, I got that and these: (40,0) (0,12) (0,40) (20,0) or I think it was (0,20) bah I cant remember the rest:D
    (0,40) was the most profitable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

pilchard wrote:
    i didnt get (0,40) as one of the points included in the second part of the question...
    i got the points (0,30) (16,0) (0,0) (10,15)

but i might be wrong..
    Yep, sounds about right.

Didn't think it was that bad tbh.

I didnt think it was too bad once i'd figured out what was being asked.. and as i said i paniked when i didnt understand the question straight away.. but on the second look i realised it straight away.. it was fairly easy imo after that:)

Advertisement