Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what broadband to get

Options
  • 11-06-2007 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have recently moved, and while there is a phoneline in the place, its not active. I would like to get broadband in, and I don't need a landline to use, - eircom/bt etc all seem to need you to have an active (talk) phone line account with them, which is making the broadband much more expensive. Are there any other operators with a decent service that allows p2p, and has ok ping times?

Cheers for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

anyone any ideas? should I just bite the bullet and get a phoneline in and then consider my options?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If Smart is available in your area you should look into them. They're pretty cheap and the service is good. Afaik all dsl/adsl providers include a phone account so you'd have to go wireless if you really don't want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

ok cheers, will do. eircom are charging 25 euro p/m for a phone account on its own, looked into bt, but everyone wants your phone line number! which I don't have as its no longer active

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

heggie wrote:
    ok cheers, will do. eircom are charging 25 euro p/m for a phone account on its own, looked into bt, but everyone wants your phone line number! which I don't have as its no longer active

The reason that your question has not had many replies is that this question has been answered a zillion times before - please please do a search and you will get all the information you require.

Advertisement