Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find

• 11-06-2007 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

I am looking for canned pumpkin and nutritional yeast flakes.

There are a bunch of vegan recipes that I want to try involving these ingredients but have never seen either of them in the supermarket.

Does anyone know where I could get them? Are there any American speciality supermarkets around? I know there used to be the American Cheese Company but they've now turned into a restaurant.

I would settle for fresh pumpkin but I know that we are slightly out of season for that. Roll on Hallowe'en!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Health food store will probably have nutritional yeast flakes. There's lots of them around these days, one on 1st floor of St. Stephen's Green shopping centre right beside argos. Can try that.

As for pumpkin, you can probably substitute butternut squash for that which you should still find in shops like M&S and Fallon&Byrnes. At least I remember seeing them still last time I was in those places. The regular supermarkets will probably have them too but I don't go to those much so can't remember if they are in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I get my nurtitional yeast flakes from Nourish on Liffey st but I am sure most health food stores would carry it.

Never heard of canned pumpkin - sounds like it could be an American thing???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Thanks a million guys, will head for the health shops.

Advertisement