Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midwest Tires Blaze

Options
  • 11-06-2007 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭

Anybody else see this, this morning? Any update on if the Dock Road is safe to pass yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Latest from www.aaroadwatch.ie:

Updated: 11/06/2007 15:13:13
    *LIMERICK* The Dock Rd has fully reopened following its earlier closure due to a fire. No further delays to traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

But they're advising you to keep your windows closed if using the dock road as they suspect there may have been asbestos in the building and are worried about the fumes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm not surprised about keeping the windows closed while drivin past, the place looked and smelt like something out of a nightmare this morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

This is coming from Roches Feeds. As every day... *yak*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

There is a horrible smell throughout the whole south west of the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

i was in town ,d,doyle raheen got no smell. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Have they confirmed that there defo was asbestos in there? Might be best to avoid keeping windows open for about 3 days if it is confirmed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

yayamark wrote:
    i was in town ,d,doyle raheen got no smell. :D

There was a moderate East wind all day so presumably everywhere east of Midwest tyres would not have been affected,including most of the city, Raheen and Dooradoyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It was such an amazing site! i would have posted the news straight away but i had just turned my laptop off and looked out the window when i saw the flames and i am nowhere near the dock road. i'd say the flames were about 50ft at around 12:45! it was awesome.

Advertisement