Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking dog's owner

Options
  • 11-06-2007 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

On my routine walk with my own dog this morning in the Drumcondra area I came across this obviously lost dog. He's very lively and friendly and was almost run over twice darting to and fro across the road. He has a coller with a phone number. Alas no answer, but I left a message on the answering machine. Hopefully the owner is at work and will contact me this evening. He seems to be a long way from home as the coller number is a Coolock area one. He is all white and almost identical to a poodle except with a larger head and long tail curled over his back. I left details at the garda station in Coolock and will wait to see what develops . Dont know what else I can do for now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Blinder

Habve a look at www.lostandfound.ie and post an found ad with a photograph if you can.
    Also, www.ispca.ie

As far as I know you can put a free advert for found pets in the evening herald.

Hope you find the owner soon. Fair play to you for trying to find the owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah fair play.
    Let us know how it turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Thanks guys ! Looks like it's going to have a happy ending. Through a friend I was able to get an address for the phone number. Drove out there this morning and left my number with a neighbour. Turns out the owners are on holiday. The neighbour is trying to contact the owner. Cant really blame the minder as the dog made a bolt for freedom again this morning :rolleyes: when I answered my front door. Managed to retrieve him after 15 minutes. I'm waiting to hear back from the neighbour. Will keep you posted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

All's well that ends well !!
    There must have been a lot of phoning going on but the minder (an oldish woman who runs a shelter near me in a private house and which I didn't know about ) rang me and I brought the dog to her. I'd say there will be some words spoken when the owners return. :D
    Anyway my work is done and I'm on a high that it turned out like this. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Well done Rigsby - glad you found the owner. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement