Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannot remove soot from carpet. Please help me.

• 11-06-2007 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My friend tried to fix my heating system while drunk one night and I came back to find he had walked soot into the carpet all of the main sitting room of the house that I am renting. It is a brand new carpet, the only new thing in the whole house. And it is now in a very bad way.

I have tried "Vanish", in the big pink spray can, and "Astonish". "Vanish" did not make the soot vanish, and "Astonish" let me astonished at how much a product that is meant to clean your carpet can actually damage.

Can anybody offer me some advice, or does anyone have a number for Barry Scott.

Muchos Gracias in advance.

J

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,765 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Contact one of the carpet cleaning companies that do chemical cleaning. Chemdry is one in the south east but I guess they are all much the same.

Advertisement