Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the name of this thing I want?

Options
  • 11-06-2007 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

I'm looking for an item but I can't remember what its called :p

I need the flat, thin pads you put under the cot sheets in a crib to stop urine reaching the mattress. They are a thin layer of rubber with thin flannel both sides, and almost the size of a cot mattress.

Granted, I haven't actually seen one of these in 25 years but surely they still exist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

Hi,
    they probably exist, but are hard to get because they're discouraged.
    Modern cot mattresses have breathing holes cut all the way through them.
    Wouldn't worry about it if the child is over 2 though.
    You can buy packs of disposable sheets, which are made out of a nappy like material which will absorb most of an accident.
    Pampers call them caremats.
    They're great for the occasional wetter, but would work out very expensive
    if needed regularly.

Good luck with finding a solution!
    NiallB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

simu wrote:

Fancy organic cotton for something that the kid will be pissing on? Pfft. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hells_Belle

No worries, it's not for a baby - it's for our dog who has decided that PISSING ON THE BED is the best way to show she's disgruntled about something. I'm tired of scrubbing and flipping the mattress so I remembered those brushed cotton rubber mats from my 25 year old sister's infancy and thought they would work well as you can chuck them in the washer.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

You've got a troubled dog there. Perhaps it's time to bar her from the bedrooms, and do some clicker training with her (www.clickertraining.com)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

They have waterproof matress covers in the nursery section in Debenhams for €7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

No worries, it's not for a baby - it's for our dog who has decided that PISSING ON THE BED is the best way to show she's disgruntled about something. I'm tired of scrubbing and flipping the mattress so I remembered those brushed cotton rubber mats from my 25 year old sister's infancy and thought they would work well as you can chuck them in the washer.

Thanks!

Our dog started being occasionally incontinent a couple of years back, she was only 4, vet said its a bladder sphincter problem, hormonal caused by being spayed too early or not after the first season (I can't remember). Poor dog doesn't even know she's made a puddle so no point shouting.

She's on medication, drops every day now and fine. Perhaps you should take the dog for a checkup. Might just be as simple as a urine infection even.

Advertisement