Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VBulletin hosts

Options
  • 11-06-2007 4:08pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend a VBulletin host...?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Any host that suports PHP & MySQL should be able to host it.
    Try blacknight (www.blacknight.ie) or H365 (www.hosting365.ie)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

www.spiralhosting.com host my site clubbing.ie has vb 2k users, i find the preformance pretty decent, support is good, although in saying that i had a professional relationship with the company a while back ! so maybe im a vip

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

play nice you two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

play nice you two

• Advertisement

What is the cost like for hosting VBulletin...?and how big would a site need to be before it needs a dedicated server...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

You wouldn't need a dedicated server until your forum becomes extremely popular. Your web host will advise you when this is necessary, but you definitely won't need one when you are starting off.

I see there's been a bit of banter about Spiral Hosting today. We certainly do host a lot of forums. If you are interested in our services, promotions, and prices give me a buzz.

In fact, contact a few Irish hosts and see who can offer you the best package for you...get a few different options and compare them so you know you'll be happy.

CoNfOuNd wrote:
    You wouldn't need a dedicated server until your forum becomes extremely popular. Your web host will advise you when this is necessary, but you definitely won't need one when you are starting off.

I understand that but I am thinking about moving an forum that is setup already,so I am trying to figure out what level I should come in at if I do decide to go with VBulletin.

The board at the moment has over 1,000 members with 13,000 plus posts.Its on InvisionFree and has a limit of 16 MB but is only using 4.11% (673.74 k) of this.So what kind of hosting would I be best going for...?Or would you need more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

boards is with digiweb hosting http://hosting.digiweb.ie

It would take quite a while before you'd need dedicated hosting, but that does give you more control of things.

PHP + MySQL should be standard on any Linux plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

I think the standard package that most webhosts offer should be sufficient, hosting both your websites in one account.

Just check with InvisionFree to see if you can get a copy of your database, and also I'm not sure how easily it can be converted to a vBulletin database.

• Advertisement

CoNfOuNd wrote:
    I think the standard package that most webhosts offer should be sufficient, hosting both your websites in one account.

Could you PM me info on your standard package...?
    CoNfOuNd wrote:
    Just check with InvisionFree to see if you can get a copy of your database, and also I'm not sure how easily it can be converted to a vBulletin database.

I have checked with both InvisionFree and vBulletin and it can be done,there is a cost from InvisionFree for the database.

Dub13 wrote:
    Could you PM me info on your standard package...?
    Is it too much hassle to click their sig link?

kbannon wrote:
    Is it too much hassle to click their sig link?

I am not sure what your problem is after all he he did say this...

CoNfOuNd wrote:
    If you are interested in our services, promotions, and prices give me a buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Ok kids, calm down.

Otherwise spankings will be issued

I don't have a problem but if I did it would be more with what appears to be CoNfOuNd trading on boards!

kbannon wrote:
    I don't have a problem but if I did it would be more with what appears to be CoNfOuNd trading on boards!

Thats why I asked for it by PM.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

My recommendation is as kbannon said ...
    Try blacknight (www.blacknight.ie) or H365 (www.hosting365.ie)

experience with both ... :) very nice service ... also nice having them on here ... not affiliated with either .. though I wish .. :)

As always if its outside ireland I'll recommend ... dreamhost ..

Advertisement