Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waxing - Brazilian

• 11-06-2007 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭

Going on hols so going to get the lot taken off, maybe leave a landing strip as they call it. Anyone any tips for the pain factor…and numbing creams or anything u can get?? I usually get my normal bikini line waxed every month, but heard this is meant to be extra painful!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

Didn't find to too painful tbh - but I've heard taking paracetamol before hand helps. Urban Wax in Dublin also sells a numbing cream which is supposed to be excellent. Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Take 2 dissolvable solaphedine about 1/2 hour before you get it done, dosent hurt half as much!! good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

Having your bits waxed hurts way less than your underarms or lower legs (imo). Just breath out when they pull the strip off. I have been going to Urban Wax in Dublin for years and wouldn't go anywhere else (although some of my friend swear that Brazilia is the best).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I have been going to Urban Wax for years and never had any problems with them until the last time I went. A girl called Ruth did my brazilian (never had her before, apparantly she was there for a yr or two) a few weeks ago. I told her over and over again that the wax was far too hot and she refused point blank to cool it down. Usually if you say it's too hot, they turn the wax down and then they blow on it or shake the stick in the air to try and cool it before putting it on but she wouldn't. Oh it was sore after.

After that I don't think I will ever to go them again as it was just appalling. Might try Brazilia next time.

tinkerbell wrote:
    I have been going to Urban Wax for years and never had any problems with them until the last time I went. A girl called Ruth did my brazilian (never had her before, apparantly she was there for a yr or two) a few weeks ago. I told her over and over again that the wax was far too hot and she refused point blank to cool it down. Usually if you say it's too hot, they turn the wax down and then they blow on it or shake the stick in the air to try and cool it before putting it on but she wouldn't. Oh it was sore after.

After that I don't think I will ever to go them again as it was just appalling. Might try Brazilia next time.

Aww! Poor you! Sounds so painful...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

tinkerbell wrote:

Thats sounds horrible - would you call there and speak to a manager about that girl? It would be a shame for you to lose out on such a generally good place because of one poor employee - I know that my friends and I have had nothing but good experiences there.

OP, as was said a couple of solpadeine a half an hour before and a G&T work wonders for me. It really isn't that bad though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Brazilia are brilliant, but difficult to get an appointment without 2 weeks notice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

How much would it be to get it done? I also need to get my legs and thighs done so this is gonna cost me...

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

I've been thinking about getting this done but never done it before...how long does it last? And would you not break out in a small rash afterwards as the area is so sensitive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

*marie* wrote:
    I've been thinking about getting this done but never done it before...how long does it last? And would you not break out in a small rash afterwards as the area is so sensitive?
    I've never had a Brazilian done but have been waxing legs and bikini line for years now and the rash that comes up goes after 24 hours and the application of aloe vera.
    At the moment I'm almost the whole way through laser treatment on my legs, bikini and underarms and will be hair free there forever more. Have been trying to get myself psyched up for the Brazilian waxing afterward, kind of scared though.:o

• Advertisement

How much would it be to get it done? I also need to get my legs and thighs done so this is gonna cost me...

Its between 40 and 65 euro, depending on where you go. So not cheap! And doesn't last very long. But fine for holiday or a nice surprise for the man in your life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

Well tbh its not the easiest thing in the world to do but it really is worth it! I had my first brazillian about 2yrs ago and the first one hurt alot but after that if you go regularly about every 5-6 wks its ok. I have now progressed to the full Hollywood and would never look back!!!

I go to a beauty therapist who does nikers from home. She is fantastic and chats so much that your done before you realise. €35 you can't beat it. I did have to go to a local salon when she was on hols and it was €50 for a very good jpb. but they used strips which I am not used to . My girl usually uses hot wax. whats the difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mel123

Well its D day 2moro. I went to the chemist and bought EMLA cream which is meant to numb u but i've tried it on my hand and it doesnt work, so solphadine before hand it is!!!! I am not good with pain so i am quit nervous, but will post back the verdict when i get a chance!! The things us women have to do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

where did you get the emla and how much was it?i've been looking ti get some

What is EMLA cream?

Just on the waxing topic, is there anywhere that wax's men. I would love to get my partner waxed. :eek: Not sure if it would still be called a Hollywood?? maybe a Ballywood!!

Anyway if you know of any salons who wax men let me know. Thanks:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

okgirl wrote:
    Not sure if it would still be called a Hollywood?? maybe a Ballywood!!
    Lol! Brazilia wax men as well; looks like they just call it a Male Brazilian. Btw have you told your man you're planning to get him waxed?! I know mine wouldn't exactly be too thrilled about it... :)

Liaka,
    Have I told him??? Well not in so many words. Actually I was thinking of suprising him!!

Maybe not wise as I'm sure he would have to psych himself up before hand but I don't think he would have an issue with it. He is as much opposed to pubic hair as I am.

I will mention it again just to make sure but I don't think he will mind. My God when I think about the things I have done for him!!! (ie. 2 wonderful children) He can hardly complain about a little waxing!!

okgirl wrote:
    What is EMLA cream?

Just on the waxing topic, is there anywhere that wax's men. I would love to get my partner waxed. :eek: Not sure if it would still be called a Hollywood?? maybe a Ballywood!!

Anyway if you know of any salons who wax men let me know. Thanks:cool:
    its a numbing cream,i'm desparate to get some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

post pics of before and after so we can see if you got a good one or a bad one :D

I just got the EMLA cream in my local chemist (i tried boots when i was in Blanch and they said it was only prescription, but my local chemist asked no questions). Anyway it doesnt work. I didnt try it on the nether regions, but tried it on my arm and it didnt numb. The girl in chemist asked what it was for, i said tattoo, she used it when she got her tattoo and she said it doesnt really work either.
    Anyway, on the waxing - piece of piss. I wasnt threatened by the embarassment factor, infact there was none, the girl just chatted away as normal and it made me feel really relaxed. I would defo say to anyone contemplating it go for it, really not any sorer than a normal wax. Would never go back now...in fact next time its all coming off!!

• Advertisement

i tried getting some but everywhere said prescription only,your meant to leave it an hour to take effect

Well done Mel123,
    It really isn't that bad and your right once it's done you never look back. Better to go the whole way and get it all off I say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Just be prepared for the pain if your preggers.....my god the difference is unbelievable......I'd be an old pro at getting my bits waxed at this stage, but couldn't bare it last time, I was about 3mths gone at the time, haven't had it done since. Contemplating getting it done before d-day, but then again I may just chicken out and wait till a few weeks after when sensitivity has gone back to normal!! :D

i tried getting some but everywhere said prescription only,your meant to leave it an hour to take effect

Well the chemist was part of a chain, ill find out after lunch and tell u what the name of it is.

Yes i left it on as instructed for half an hour with cling film around it (they thought it was for a tattoo), and i mean nothing!!!

Its McCabes.
    If ur really desperate i will get you some, but as i said it doesnt really work!!

I'l have a look round and see if i can find a mac cabes,i got ametop instead but the tubes are tiny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hogstheduvet

OK never done it myself - but interested..

-how embarrassing is it?
    -do you have to go on all fours?
    -do you have to take off your underwear if you dont want the full thing?

I have heard some *very* worrying stories!

Advertisement