Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography - What did you think of the paper?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

They also issued 'warnings' at the inservice thingys that they wanted to move away from predictablility.. which they did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

I started panicking when i first read through it and saw the physical questions, nearly died on the spot. but it actually wasnt too bad once you got past that question. the short questions were lovely, had to rush them at the end a bit though which was a pain but they were nice easy questions. physical, aah! first part was fine, did waterfall fine but last part was total bull**** and i dont think i even answered the question. regional was perfect except for the map, economic question was lovely and the biome q, while not exactly ideal, was the q id prepared just had to twist it a bit. il lose some marks cuz i didnt refer to soil a lot but overall, pretty happy with it. although some guy just said he wrote 5 pages for biomes, i only did like 2 1/2 but i think i def had enough SRP's. i hope! didnt get the A1, possibly an A2 if i get really really lucky, but id even be happy with a B1. so happy i didnt lose my head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Exactly what I was like.
    blondie07 wrote:
    I started panicking when i first read through it and saw the physical questions, nearly died on the spot. but it actually wasnt too bad once you got past that question. the short questions were lovely, had to rush them at the end a bit though which was a pain but they were nice easy questions. physical, aah! first part was fine, did waterfall fine but last part was total bull**** and i dont think i even answered the question. regional was perfect except for the map, economic question was lovely and the biome q, while not exactly ideal, was the q id prepared just had to twist it a bit. il lose some marks cuz i didnt refer to soil a lot but overall, pretty happy with it. although some guy just said he wrote 5 pages for biomes, i only did like 2 1/2 but i think i def had enough SRP's. i hope! didnt get the A1, possibly an A2 if i get really really lucky, but id even be happy with a B1. so happy i didnt lose my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Ha!! Just realised i messed up on the question bout naming the type of plate boundaries...a loss of probably 10 marks....damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

Overall, it was an nice paper.

Short questions were simple, only one part couldn't answer.
    Core physical questions were nasty, imo. Questions themselves were very easy but for people who had left out Plate Tectonics or another section, it was nasty. Wasn't fair they changed the format from the other two papers but suppose it made sense to do so.

Regional was quite good, very basic.

Human elective was a bit scattered but overall was nice although a bit specific. Couldn't waffle to much!

Option questions were alright too. Nice and straightforward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

AND language didn't come up, what the hell!! Had to do migration instead, but it turned out surprisingly well.
    Thats why I told all my friends to learn Migration and Religion or language

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

what is the area of groud between 2 river beds

its realy nagging me

and the met areann was the last pic yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

sternn wrote:
    I was thinking the exact same thing during the exam....and it isn't. What question was this for? For the conflict between exploitation of natural resources and impact on environment....i did sellafield (uranium) and corrib gas field

Short answer question with the pie chart. Only 2 marks but hey, it all counts :p
    maglite wrote:

Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

maglite wrote:
    what is the area of groud between 2 river beds

its realy nagging me

Watershed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

sternn wrote:
    Ha!! Just realised i messed up on the question bout naming the type of plate boundaries...a loss of probably 10 marks....damn
    Why, whats the answer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Island A = Iceland
    Feature B = Mid-Atlantic Ridge
    Boundary C = passive plate boundary
    Boundary D= colliding (i think i may have said constructive plate boundary)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Sweet I think I got those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

maglite wrote:
    um i think so coz that matched the cloud pattern.
    i thought short questions were fine...but i messed up the one with the pie chart....i thought nuclear was renewable??????
    physical i had concentrated solely on rivers...and ended up answering the one question with no rivers!! (Q.1):o but it turned out fine,i was able to remember most of the plates/limestone thingy.
    the regional was the worst,they actaully asked irish regions (which we didnt study!!) so i did q.4 where you just had to draw the sketch map...apart from a very wonky looking ireland,it was okay.
    economic elective went fairly well...drew a graph,wrote about the textiles/clothing industry and did fish farming for economy-v-environment....
    geoecology i did the soil type,brown earth...was writing literally to the last second,but got everything done! i found the other 2 geoecology to be very limiting...i dont see how you could get 3 or 4 points from plant/animal adaptations
    overall happy enough..hopefully at least an A2...maybe an A1 if they dont do a word count on my report!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

sternn wrote:
    Island A = Iceland
    Feature B = Mid-Atlantic Ridge
    Boundary C = passive plate boundary
    Boundary D= colliding (i think i may have said constructive plate boundary)

Brilliant, I said constructive for C and Surtsey for A..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

but i messed up the one with the pie chart....i thought nuclear was renewable??????
    Ahahaha I just spat out my coke!! Respect!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fool 5000

Depends on which way you look at it ..There is Uranium used in the reactors but its only a tiny amount and there is plenty of that throughout the world for thousands for years to come!
    A bit of a trick question there:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

Fool 5000 wrote:
    Depends on which way you look at it ..There is Uranium for thousands for years to come!

...and then it runs out

;) I can only see one way of looking at it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

It was brilliant! My best paper ever!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ifyougotthegrap

I thought the Geography paper was absolutely horrid. There is no comparison between this& last years paper. Absolutely dang horrid. I hope I scraped a B3. I've applied through UCAS & 5B3s are my requirements.. abewoaejwbaf :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Yeah I never know whether to put down nuclear as renewable! I excluded it this time but I have included in past papers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭microbiek

and the worst was they left out burgess'!!!!!!!

for the s.q.'s what was the spot height? 79(3/4/6)??

and for the human elective Q10 urban functions how much support do u have to give in your answer??? what can you say and i presume religious,commercial and residental are functions????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

adam_ccfc wrote:
    Ahahaha I just spat out my coke!! Respect!!:D
    that reflects worse on you than it does on me!! :D:D
    at the time my thought was "well,theres lots and lots of nuclei...." not thinking that you cant use EVERY nucleus for energy!!! not thinking that uranium will eventually run out.....
    and im hoping for an A1 in physics!!!!! not looking too good,is it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ladyleana

i thought irt was a nice paper 2:) where da heck was da river question?? dat realli threw me off!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ah it was there. Part B of a question had describe a landform thing, then part C of the next question had the Human Interaction thing that I so wanted...but the rest of the question was on faulting, ughh.

Advertisement