Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geography-yeah despite all the happiness thats going around on boards i did ****.

Options
  • 11-06-2007 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

short questions:alot of tricky ones dispearsed there
    physical geog:****ing dickheads mixing up the layout.
    Regional:you would want to have covered everything to do well.
    Culture and identity:where the **** was language?

i am very angry person right now.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Well, I'm not gonna help your anger but **** it - there's already a thread on the geography paper. Use the bloody thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

maggie18x wrote:
    short questions:alot of tricky ones dispearsed there

Whaaa? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Oatesy

No offence but the short Qs were almost insultingly easy.. (ALMOST)

And your own personal opinion on the geography paper doesn't warrant a thread on its own either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭maggie18x

And your own personal opinion on the geography paper doesn't warrant a thread on its own either.

oh god im so sorry it will never happen again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

There is no official layout people. The course is only 2 years old. The department is well within its rights to alter the paper a bit at this early stage of its development.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Who is this guy..who invited him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

maggie18x wrote:
    ****ing dickheads mixing up the layout.

They didnt mix anything up.. Theres nothing to say they cant put rocks in with rivers etc. The idea is to test you.. on th whole course
    maggie18x wrote:
    Regional:you would want to have covered everything to do well.

this is a test of everything.. ie the whole course.. not just parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cheater

christ, why must people disect what another person posts, their unhappy about their geography, thats their opinion stop ****ing giving your opinion as fact, the department are well within their right, how the **** do you know what the department have the right to do or not? shut the **** up, of course an opinion on geography warrants a thread of its own.. ****ing clowns

cheater wrote:
    christ, why must people disect what another person posts, their unhappy about their geography, thats their opinion stop ****ing giving your opinion as fact, the department are well within their right, how the **** do you know what the department have the right to do or not? shut the **** up, of course an opinion on geography warrants a thread of its own.. ****ing clowns

oooo somebody's a bit or a moany Michael today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

cheater wrote:

Wow, Id give you some credit only you ave 5 posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

I agree, fairly disappointed myself. Missed out on my A. Def got a B though but only barely. It'll be marked easier I'd say. I'm grateful for our teacher overflowing on the SRPs now! Made a mess of part C in physical, overpopulation in elective and half the geoecology.

Jay112 wrote:
    Wow, Id give you some credit only you ave 5 posts!

Ya do you know why I have 5 posts, because I'm not a fckn loser who spends all his time on these boards.. your pass geography paper went well anyways.. you tit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

jeese dude no need to lose the head, if you think theese boards are so nerdy then leave, wel all be better off without the agro

cheater wrote:
    Ya do you know why I have 5 posts, because I'm not a fckn loser who spends all his time on these boards.. your pass geography paper went well anyways.. you tit

I predict your going to get on well with the boards you go and have fun with your aggressive ways:rolleyes:

who asked you to offer your wealth of knowledge?

cheater wrote:

These boards are open to everyone so he/she is entitled to their views

Jay112 wrote:
    These boards are open to everyone so he/she is entitled to their views

nice one

haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

mathew wrote:
    They didnt mix anything up.. Theres nothing to say they cant put rocks in with rivers etc. The idea is to test you.. on th whole course

this is a test of everything.. ie the whole course.. not just parts.

No, I think we're all pretty clear on what the "idea" of the Leaving Cert is. I think what she means is that in the 2006 exam paper and in ALL of the sample papers the physical questions were all separated. Of course we all knew it could happen, I myself didn't think it would this year. The way you're talking you sound like you're from the SEC.

• Advertisement

exactly...

cheater wrote:
    shut the **** up, of course an opinion on geography warrants a thread of its own.. ****ing clowns
    No it doesn't. Express the opinion within the thread that's already started about the geography exam. It's how the majority of people like to do it.

ya well maybe she's not part of the majority... she felt her opinion was important enough to warrant a thread of its own, so whats the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Jaysus what a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Mcj metroid

cheater wrote:
    Lol you are gas.

Serriously though i found it quite hard too. nothing i wanted came up and it seems like i could do 2 parts of each question but never the whole lot.

cheater wrote:
    ya well maybe she's not part of the majority... she felt her opinion was important enough to warrant a thread of its own, so whats the problem?
    It wasn't really important enough. If everyone thought their opinion on a specific paper was important enough, we'd be having a thread a minute here.

There is no official layout people. The course is only 2 years old. The department is well within its rights to alter the paper a bit at this early stage of its development.

ok sorry if im the only one it came as a shock to but the sample paper in 2006 they gave,the leaving cert in 2006,my mock this year and all the sapmle papers in the exam papers were done with this layout.the guy on 606 also said that they couldnt change the layout.
    this just proves that whoever set out this paper wanted screw everyone over.and i was really banking on rivers an all to bring up my grade.i just realised in question one of the regional-the subcontinental q i wrote only about one primary activity-agriculture and they asked about activities.....me and my stupid brain....

go on cheater ya legend thanks for sticking up for me.me not so angry any more :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Serriously though i found it quite hard too. nothing i wanted came up and it seems like i could do 2 parts of each question but never the whole lot.

Exact same with me, feckin' horrible.

QUOTE]=Haven't a Clue]No it doesn't. Express the opinion within the thread that's already started about the geography exam. It's how the majority of people like to do it.[[/QUOTE]

yeah well maybe i didnt feel like expressing myself in a thread that was dominated by how well people are doing.alot of people come on boards looking for advice saying that they are sooooo dead in whatever exam.and then all ya hear after the exam is "oh my god im so worried dont think i got the A1 in that exam".i just wanted to console anybody who did bad that they are not alone in how they are feeling.im after throwing away a whole career because of this exam and i was pissed off.is that ok with you robocop?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

cheater wrote:

Isn't that the point of the boards?:confused: ...to offer whatever knowledge you can?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement