Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radar Guns Used In Ireland?

Options
  • 11-06-2007 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Hey, I am looking into getting a radar detector for my dad for fathers day. But can anyone tell me what type of radar do the Garda use, I am thinking about getting this one, Cobra XRS 9330 , and it says it detects Ku Band Radar Gun currently being used in Europe plus it detects many other types. Is this gonna work in Ireland?

If anyone has any recommendations of a different type or info I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

murfie wrote:
    Hey, I am looking into getting a radar detector for my dad for fathers day. But can anyone tell me what type of radar do the Garda use, I am thinking about getting this one, Cobra XRS 9330 , and it says it detects Ku Band Radar Gun currently being used in Europe plus it detects many other types. Is this gonna work in Ireland?

If anyone has any recommendations of a different type or info I would greatly appreciate it.

Hers is some info........ dont ask here........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The Gardaí are increasingly using laser rather than radar. Laser detectors are useless - all they do is tell you whan you've just been caught. If your dad wants to speed, he'll need a radar detector, a laser jammer and a good awareness of traffic around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

all Garda are using laser. the only time a radar detector may save you is gatso camera and the mobile gatso van. be aware that the power output from these is a lot smaller than the old radar guns as they only have to cover a narrow bit of road. you may get a second and a half warning. not good if you are more than 10/15k over the limit.
    eyes open will save you more than the gadgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,342 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

murfie, those appliances are illegal in this country. Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement