Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

marking schemes

Options
  • 11-06-2007 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

i see the exams are up on examination.ie, just wonderin will the marking schemes be up before August 15th? anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

What he said.

As regards to all these people praising how efficient the SEC are at putting up the exam papers, they've had the exams made out for the last couple of months. It probably only takes a scan and putting the image on the site to get the papers up. Hardly feckin rocket science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

At least they are doing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

What he said.

As regards to all these people praising how efficient the SEC are at putting up the exam papers, they've had the exams made out for the last couple of months. It probably only takes a scan and putting the image on the site to get the papers up. Hardly feckin rocket science.

I think it's even easier than that, because the exam papers aren't in image format, they're in PDF and you can actually select chunks of text. Which suggests that they've all been sitting in some database until now. Marking schemes are the same. Only papers from years ago have been scanned in I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I don't think the marking schemes will be done proper until the conference of correcters thingy. They'll have a rough idea of the marking right now but I'm sure things will have to change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭madnirvana

carlowboy wrote:
    I don't think the marking schemes will be done proper until the conference of correcters thingy. They'll have a rough idea of the marking right now but I'm sure things will have to change.

i agree..... when most studens get something wrong..they change the marking scheme

Advertisement