Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary French

Options
  • 11-06-2007 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

What are the most vital things to know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Lets see man.

220 marks go for tomorrow and 160 are comprehensions. The first two are easy enough, questions are asked in English. Then there's two where the questions are asked in French. So learn the question words:

Trouvez dans la premiere sectuion - Find in this section...
    Relevez dans la deuxieme section - Take out (find) in the second section...
    Citez dans la troisieme section - Quote in the thrid section...
    Selon/d'apres la quatrieme - According to the fourth section...

Nommez - Name...
    Un mot - A word...
    Un expression - A phrase...
    Une phrase - A sentence...

Quand - when
    Comment - how
    Ou - where
    Pourquoi - why
    Combien de - how many
    Qui - who
    Qu'est-ce que - what

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

That fill-in-the-gaps thing in the written will be a handy 30 marks, after that 2 of postcard/message/letter...they'll be the only challenging thing, for me anyway.

Need a few phrases suitable for same, anyone got any handy?

Also 100 marks tomorrow for the aural - its OL so if you leave early (who wouldn't, took me 35mins in the mocks) don't forget to come back at 12.10 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thanks lazyfingers since dropping to pass i have done absolutely nothing for french.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭euwwy deuwwy

Does anyone know what grammer questions come up in the comprehensions? There are usually one or two questions asking you to find an adjective or a verb in the l'imparfait or something along those lines"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Halo

doing ord level myself tomorrow... dropped down from the mocks...a few phrases would come in handy, anyone?:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Thanks lazyfingers since dropping to pass i have done absolutely nothing for french.:D

You're welcome man!

This is actually the one subject I'm likely to fail. I guess cram cram cram for the hour on the train tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭euwwy deuwwy

I did ordinary french for the mocks. You don't really need any phrases for the written piece, especially since you have all just moved down from honours! If you just stick to the basics and if you are able to rewrite what they ask you to (even with one or two mistakes) you'll get full marks. Here are some basic things to look over:
    postcard or message: cher/chere
    juste une petite mot pour te dire que...
    A tout l'heure/ A bientot
    Journal: Cher Journal, Bon Nuit

Advertisement