Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New connection to Xbox live not working

• 11-06-2007 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi lads,i have recently bought a used xbox. I have set up my gamertag and profile online and i have checked my network connection it all seems fine. My problem is that when i try to click into the live section it says that i need to download an update but when i try to download this it keeps saying "Cant download check your connection" any ideas at all please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

I had this problem too when I first set things up. Go to your router settings on your PC or laptop and set your firewall to the lowest setting. This should sort you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

Thanks for the feedback mate i will try that tonight its been wrecking my head for the last 2 days !!!

I am having the same problem. I looked on my pc and i do not have the firewall activated. Any other ideas???

When i look at xbox network settings its picking up my router but there is no firewall.

Help!!

Cheers J, i changed the firewall settings and the download worked perfectly, the only thing is now my media connection wont work and the pc cant seem to find the xbox agh !!!!!

Miami are you running eircom ?

i am on digiweb. I have no firewall enabled at least i dont think i do. I clikced on firewall on vista and it says that there is no firewall enabled.

Thanks

• Advertisement

when i open up my internet it gives me the router home page and this is where i changed the setting for the firewall

ill try that when i go home from work. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Usually your router is
    http://192.168.1.254

You should see firewall settings there, set it to low.

Slurms, when i updated the software on the xbox and changed the firewall i lost my connection to the pc, the xbox still has the pc's id on it but it keeps failing when i try to connect and on the pc i cant seem to find the xbox at all - any ideas ???

i cannot find the firewall settings on the router which option do i select??

Home
    Configure
    Statistics
    Diagnostics
    Remote Access
    Update Router
    Reset Router
    Restart Router
    Basic Mode
    Help

• Advertisement

Hurragh

I found the fiewall settings and reduced it to low. Its working perfectly now.

Rock on!!!

Advertisement