Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Audio Realtek High Definition Sound.

Options
  • 11-06-2007 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I have a MSI P6N Mobo with Realtek High definition sound onboard.

The sound is working fine but I just can't get it to work from the front connection on the case. If I unplug the jack from the mainboard the little window pops up telling me that a jack has been unplugged but I get no menu when I connect to the front audio connector. When I connect I can hear it engage the speakers & I can hear (Ever, ever so lightly) the sound from the speakers if I go real close & try real hard to hear it.

All the onboard connections for the front audio are correct & I've tried every option in the Windows & Realtek audio menus.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong? :confused:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Have you looked in voume control? Also google the problem you would be amazed how much you can pull up. If that fails Email MSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Try getting the latest drivers - there's newer ones on the Realtek site than on MSI's. Also, my case had two different front panel connectors - an "AC '97" one and an "HD Audio" one - you should be using the latter if you have it. I don't know if AC '97 connections are compatible.

Advertisement