Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electical shops in Derry

Options
  • 11-06-2007 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy a new TV. So far I've ventured into "the" two shops in Letterkenny and looked at a few online shops. Would like to go into Derry for a look but it's been many's a year since I've been in. Anyone know the names and streets of TV shops in Derry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The Crescent link retail park (out past Altnagelvin hospital) would be a good spot as Currys are located there. Or you could look at the Foyleside which houses Argos.

Byte will probably know other places

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I was actually trying to think of electrical shops in Derry, and can't think of any. I know of Currys alright, came across it when I was looking for the new Maplin shop. PC World is beside it.

Another place is Laser Discount, in Lisnagelvin Shopping Centre, which shouldn't be too far from where Curry's is.

Check this page...
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Shayser, I know it isn't in Derry but the domestic appliance centre in Omagh have some great deals. They are in the town centre beside Dunnes Stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks men. Omagh's good too Smashey, thanks.

A mate of mine got a 50" (yes fifty) LCD HD with stand for £600 stg. The thing is massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote:
    A mate of mine got a 50" (yes fifty) LCD HD with stand for £600 stg. The thing is massive.
    Didnt know you had mates :D

Prefer durex myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Check out irwins in buncrana if ya can, I got a great deal on a 42" pioneer a few weeks back.

byte

Would I be right in thinking Irwins of Buncrana and Irwins Letterkenny are one and the same?

byte wrote:
    Would I be right in thinking Irwins of Buncrana and Irwins Letterkenny are one and the same?
    Was wondering about that. Irwins Letterkenny have a Sony Bravia 40" LCD - Sony RRP €2399, Komplett €1799, Irwins €2599! Get me to the north quick! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

I dont think they are byte!
    well I got the 42" Pioneer for 200 off there asking price with a free stand! HD goodness *dribble* (and they say tv....kills...thinky...thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

If you buy in the North you have a better chance of getting one with a digital tuner which might save you getting another box further down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Not exactly sure where, but there's a "pawn" shop in Derry. Cash Generator or something like that. You might get lucky if someone with a big tv has hit hard times...

Not exactly sure where, but there's a "pawn" shop in Derry. Cash Generator or something like that. You might get lucky if someone with a big tv has hit hard times...

It's on Shipquay Street.

byte

Hmm, I know that Irwin Electrical Wholesale in Maginn Ave, Buncrana and Port Rd Letterkenny are the same.

Just don't know of the electrical retail shops are affiliated.

http://www.aew.ie/alpfind2.htm

Fair play to Irwins.

Went in with an online price and they more of less matched it (delivery considered).

Got this.

Will be heading into Derry on Saturday to look at HD DVD recorders. Going to Dublin in the afternoon so will stop off in Omagh too.

Thanks for all the good info.

Advertisement