Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Very slow recently - what can I do?

Options
  • 11-06-2007 7:13pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've had the 2mb NTL package for about 9 months and it has been fine but over the last few weeks or more it just seems to be really sluggish... It would do this form time to time but usually be back to normal after a while, but reecntly it seems to be slow almost all the time.

I called them and they said they would get the engineers to boost the signal and someone would call me back. Of course it hasn't got any quicker and I didn't get any calls. Useless.

Has anyone had a similar situation - what is the best way to handle this?
    Advise appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

what is the best way to handle this?
    Jump ship asap.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I don't have or want a phone line and so don't have many better options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

Zascar wrote:
    Has anyone had a similar situation - what is the best way to handle this?
    Advise appreciated
    Thanks

Avoid calling technical support. You're generally dealing with morons and half-wits.

Ring their head office, ask for the head of customer service. Be nice. Explain calmly what your problem is and that you've had no joy with technical support.

Honestly, NTL tech support will tell you anything to get you off the phone.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Avoid calling technical support. You're generally dealing with morons and half-wits.

Ring their head office, ask for the head of customer service. Be nice. Explain calmly what your problem is and that you've had no joy with technical support.

Honestly, NTL tech support will tell you anything to get you off the phone.

Now in the good old days it would have been the head of the head of customer service that would be asked for:) and that would focus minds wonderfully! and after all these years my Channel 4 is still dire:rolleyes:

Advertisement