Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cen magnum shock tower

Options
  • 11-06-2007 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where to get a cen magnum rear shock tower????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Contact Enda over on Navan Nitro Nuts.. I know there are quite a few CEN's over there. Some one of them might be able to help you out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

Try Marks Models in Dun Laoghaire Shopping Center, i believe (was told at the weekend by a friend) they now stock Cen cars and parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

:):):):):) cheers lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭corpseorourke

correct me if im wrong but isnt marks models in town? starting grid is in dun laoghaire tho

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Marks main outlet is in town, with a 2nd smaller shop in Dunlaoghaire SC.
    Mainly static models and gaming rather than RC. but Marks always had a few CENs and still do AFAIK.

Starting Grid in Dunlaoghaire closed last xmas. So nothing there. Shop sells fridges or similar now. Used to do Serpent mainly, some Protech too.

GreenHobbyModel used to do CEN, and now do CARSON as their no 1 brand (CARSON= the nitro division of Tamiya). GHM commit to customers to support their older makes for 2 years after selling that car, and their CEN parts support will expire next month.
    So in the the July GreenHobbyModel monthy sale CEN spares will be cleared out at half price until gone. I have been asked to put the CEN parts closeout sale online at end this month.
    Repairs on CEN will continue as usual, but new parts will be ordered as reqd, not in held stock on the shelf, which is the existing arrangement for HPI and Traxxas. I believe (not firm yet) a new 2nd main brand will be apppointed once the CEN parts stock has reduced to a pre-determined level. Regular customers will be aware. An lot of CARSON parts are the same as the CEN part but at a lower cost eg CEN use a generic part for that function.

I understand the Model Centre in Capel St does GV, and has parts. Have sold CEN in past and still do on request. They have a similar arrangement for CEN parts as Greenhobbymodel. Will get what you need if they don't already have it in generic brand from another make.

Both GV and CARSON mainly use Force engines in their cars which is also sold in US under premium sub-distributer's brand names like eg OFNA, and is a very powerful engine.

Hope this info helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

So in July your two main brands your selling with be
    a) Carson
    b) HPI or Traxxas (you have yet to decide?)

Would love to see ya do Traxxas.
    I have an OFNA engine? Do you know what the OFNA name is for the engine in the Stormracer 2 (It's a .15 I think)

@ Coolwings.
    When you say GM&H sell Carson. Do you mean just 1/10 or would they be able to supply 1/5 parts at a competitive price?
    Few of us down here have the Carson C5 models and would be needing parts as the break ( and they will break ) :D

Any hints as to what the new Make will be that you will be selling? would be any benefit to us 1/10 scale electric onroad racers down here?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

thank for the help an listings of cen selling shops and how much would the rear shoch tower be for the mangnum?(that was mainly for coolwings)

Flunked wrote:
    ....Do you know what the OFNA name is for the engine in the Stormracer 2 (It's a .15 I think)
    I haven't a clue. :p

thank for the help an listings of cen selling shops and how much would the rear shock tower be for the mangnum?...
    No problem .. .glad to help. :D
    On a Magnum, I would think you would be quicker getting it from the place you bought it since the GHM CEN support is expiring around now ... running the parts stock down and not ordering new parts.
    It might be in stock but I would not expect it to be since we identified the Magnum as having two potential problems and never sold any... so the only magnum parts stocked were got specifically on request for particular repair jobs and would have been used immediately.
    I would think the shock damper is the exact same as the Carson one, and the ones already in the shop would probably fit but without seeing it first I could not say for sure.

vectra wrote:
    ... When you say GM&H sell Carson. .... Few of us down here have the Carson C5 models and would be needing parts ....
    Where did you buy your Carson C5s? GHM? I passed on a price quote from Patrick to you a year ago but I heard no more after that. So I am not "in the loop" as to your decision and your warranty situation.

If you got them from GHM the models are supported in Ireland no problem.
    Just call for what you want/need. Loyalty pricing applies to customers. :)

If you bought them elsewhere then you should contact Patrick, the GHM Manager at 01 4928776 - ask him to support a model he did not sell - and see how far he is willing to go on your behalf. Patrick is a reasonable person, and very helpful.

Of course - if you bought outside Ireland you could contact the overseas seller for backup at the place where the model was originally purchased.

coolwings wrote:
    I haven't a clue. :p

Where did you buy your Carson C5s? GHM? I passed on a price quote from Patrick to you a year ago but I heard no more after that. So I am not "in the loop" as to your decision and your warranty situation.

If you got them from GHM the models are supported in Ireland no problem.
    Just call for what you want/need. Loyalty pricing applies to customers. :)

If you bought them elsewhere then you should contact Patrick, the GHM Manager at 01 4928776 - ask him to support a model he did not sell - and see how far he is willing to go on your behalf. Patrick is a reasonable person, and very helpful.

Of course - if you bought outside Ireland you could contact the overseas seller for backup at the place where the model was originally purchased.

Bought them in from Germany as price at the time was huge savings.

It is not Warranty--- Backup or anything like that.
    I was only asking if you were going to stock/ sell parts for them as there are a few of us have them and would be looking for parts from time to time. And seeing as you are a carson Agent I thought I would ask.
    Didnt mean to step on anyones toes about Loyalty situations or anything like that. :(

• Advertisement

Flunked wrote:
    ....Do you know what the OFNA name is for the engine in the Stormracer 2 ...
    coolwings wrote:
    I haven't a clue. .
    What I meant was I haven't a clue what OFNA call it.
    It's the same engine.
    They are american so they will have a BIG-RUGGED-POWER-NAME !! ;)
    It is the same engine of course. Just their marketing for US clients that want fancy names.
    Those CARSON Force engines are brilliant! Maybe the OFNA sales stuff will make you appreciate your CARSON more than you did before!
    Some other parts in the cars are different. The Euro spec is usually higher, with the parts that change being upgrades in the US spec.
    If you were once more impressionable than you are nowadays, read the US sales stuff (any model car will do) for a good laugh! It's absolutely hilarious. The US marketing industry invented the word "spin" . :p

vectra wrote:
    Bought them in from Germany as price at the time was huge savings ....
    Including the one that "got lost"? How much ulcers did you save there?
    vectra wrote:
    It is not Warranty....
    That's good. :)
    vectra wrote:
    I ... Didnt mean to step on anyones toes ...
    Hey relax - no offence taken Vectra! :D Been there a million times with other folks! GreenHobbyModel policy is simple, if you got it elsewhere, you've no loyalty! Simple. Like a stranger coming in off the street. Staff are professional and polite. Retail price. Start new loyalty track record afresh. New customer. Clean slate.
    vectra wrote:
    ... asking if you were going to stock/ sell parts for them as there are a few of us have them and would be looking for parts from time to time. And seeing as you are a carson Agent I thought I would ask.
    The ones we have sold we have received NO parts orders from users. Really. NONE. (A replacement body for crash repair is all I can think of right now) Carson C5 are incredible cars for reliability.
    If it is a always-in-stock item we have it already. Just ask.
    If not always-in-stock item and you are a regular customer (loyalty! ), just ask .. we get. Maybe special order to speed things up
    If not always-in-stock item and you are a new customer (no loyalty). Pay in advance with order. Then we get in our next scheduled order with that supplier - that could be next day, or 2 weeks, depends on schedule of regular orders.
    I can't imagine any difficulty in getting any CARSON part. You would deal with Patrick, not me, but I'm sure he would say the same. :cool:

coolwings wrote:
    Including the one that "got lost"? How much ulcers did you save there?

That's good. :)

Hey relax - no offence taken Vectra! :D Been there a million times with other folks! GHM policy is simple, if you got it elsewhere, you've no loyalty! Simple. Like a stranger coming in off the street. Staff are professional and polite. Retail price. Start new loyalty track record afresh. New customer. Clean slate.

The ones we have sold we have received NO parts orders from users. Really. NONE. (A replacement body for crash repair is all I can think of right now) Carson C5 are incredible cars for reliability.
    If it's a always-in-stock item we have it already. Just ask. If not always-in-stock item and you are a new customer, pay in advance (or non-ref deposit) with order for non-stock item.
    I can't imagine the slightest difficulty in getting any part. You would deal with Patrick, not me, but I'm sure he would say the same. :cool:

LOL
    Got me there didnt ya... :D
    Yeah. The buggy is history now. and was from a Private individual ( Hope I never bump into him :mad: )

I can understand about the loyalty part as you put it but I have dealt with Patrick a few times, I think it was two lots of "Y" leads for our transponders.

Basically I was going to ask about some alloy engine mounts for the C5 as this seems to be their most vulnerable point. ( the engine shifts on the plastic ones ) Could you maybe ask him to enquire for me? :D

Hmm.
    Now you got me thinking.. Hows that buggy of your's going?
    How much did you say they were ?
    I am sort of thinking of getting something offroad again.. ( How I miss my Revo :( )

vectra wrote:
    LOL
    Got me there didnt ya... :D
    Yeah. The buggy is history now. and was from a Private individual ( Hope I never bump into him :mad: )
    What can I say ... EBAY ! :D
    And
    Sorry about your loss. :eek:
    vectra wrote:
    ... I was going to ask about some alloy engine mounts for the C5 as this seems to be their most vulnerable point. ( the engine shifts on the plastic ones ) Could you maybe ask him to enquire for me? :D
    I am not there this week. Drop a copy of this post to patrick.greenhobby@gmail.com
    and he will check it out, but you want to be more specific so he knows what you are looking for.

vectra wrote:
    ... Hows that buggy of your's going?
    How much did you say they were ?
    I am sort of thinking of getting something offroad again.. ( How I miss my Revo :( )
    Well There is one Specter for sale in there. Used. Not finished running-in. Plastic bumper needs replacing. Not serviced for selling yet, just came in last Monday. Guy got a plane instead. abt €270 I guess but I'm not calling the shots on that one.

And my own Specter ... I have a new project started which entails more spending than I am willing to tell the wife about! If you want it too ... let me know, and I will part company. Finished running-in and maybe 1 gallon and a half more running done on it. Still high compression. Radio changed for a 3ch 40FM. One careful owner ;) Abt €250 I suppose. Drop me a PM with offer if it's interesting to you.

As for what I'm starting on, cannot divulge at present. :D

Advertisement