Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Coilovers for Evo VII

Options
  • 11-06-2007 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to put a set of coilovers into an Evo VII and am just wondering which you think would be better. I'm looking at maybe one of the following:

Tein Super Street
    Tein Flex
    Tein Mono Flex

The car is used for daily driving and over here in the west we don't have the best roads, their back roads and bumpy, etc.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

you could also consider the D2 coilovers, but i have heard that they are a little hard.

i have eibach lowering springs in my V with tein adjustable top mounts and i lost none of the ride comfort (the little bit thats there in the first place :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

D2s are quite good I had them in an ek4 civic and the ride quality changed very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Just found out there that I cannot get my hands on tein mono flex till the end of July so that's gone out the window. Any recommendations would great. Are the D2's fully adjustable?

Yup, if i remember correctly they have 36 way dampening (51mm shocks) and ride height.

I think the tein only have 16 way dampning but then they can be connected to that controller that can alter the dampning from the driving seat! The D2's are cheaper aswell I think.

• Advertisement

D2s are cheap enough on eBay, Got mine that time for about €425 inc. postage!

That's a quarter of the price of the mono flex!!!

Tein are mental money!! D2s are great if you're on a budget!!

Advertisement