Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

polo or fiesta

Options
  • 11-06-2007 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

need advice looking at 2 cars 2002 polo 1.2 base model 23,000 miles or 2003 fiesta 1.25i lx 37,000 miles i like both polo is a year older but less miles. The interior of the polo is a bit bland i like the fiesta styling but it has more miles they both have pros and cons i can't make up mind i need help they are both going for the same price

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ryker wrote:
    need advice looking at 2 cars 2002 polo 1.2 base model 23,000 miles or 2003 fiesta 1.25i lx 37,000 miles i like both polo is a year older but less miles. The interior of the polo is a bit bland i like the fiesta styling but it has more miles they both have pros and cons i can't make up mind i need help they are both going for the same price

I'd say you really need to test drive both cars and see which one you prefer.

In my opinion Polos like most VWs are overpriced for what you get. Also the 1.2 litre Polo has only something like 55bhp or 60bhp which is not alot to push the car.

The Fiesta 1.25 litre has 74bhp which will be a bit more nippy. LX is the basic trim though, I would see if you could find a nicer Zetec or Ghia model which have more toys. Even if it means going back to the same year as the Polo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

What about the Seat Ibiza, its a VW Polo by another name, has the more powerful version of the 1.2 litre 3 pot (65 bhp), cheaper, nicer looking, and better equiped too?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

agreed on the Ibiza. I'd avoid the Fiesta LX and look for a higher spec model.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Sorry to barge in on the thread, but are Ibizas reliable? I've heard some aweful stories about Polos, but nothing good or bad about Ibizas.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ibizas will be pretty silmilar to Polos reliability wise. none of them will be as good as the Japanese cars for reliability, but the Ibiza will appeal to those who value VW interiors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Op - my wife has a Fiesta 1.25 LX. It is a bit short on frills but nippy enough. It has nearly 90K on the clock now and has never given her the slightest problem.

Advertisement