Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Polo Wheels fit Corsa?

Options
  • 11-06-2007 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could answer this.

I have 4 old wheels from my Polo, this are standard steel/whatever wheels with tires, would they fit a 99 Opel Corsa?

Reason i ask is that my friends Corsa recently got destroyed by knacks out in Clondalkin. Its was parked in the underground car park for the block of apartments, it had been left idle for a week due to him getting a new car and they bricked the drivers window, stole the stereo and seat covers, trashed the inside and stole all 4 wheels and alloys. He now has to move the wreck either by tow truck or drive if he gets new wheels. You can see the damage in the attached pics.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

AFAIK the stud pattern on the Fiesta is 4*108 - same as most other Fords, but the Polo is 4*100 so the answer is no

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh the offset for the polo and corsa dont match up so the wheels wont fit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

colm_mcm wrote:
    AFAIK the stud pattern on the Fiesta is 4*108 - same as most other Fords, but the Polo is 4*100 so the answer is no

Won't fit a fiesta but they'll certainly fit a corsa ;)

Edit: The offset is different but if he is only moving it a short distance it'll be fine, worst case is the tire might scrub the arch a bit if the suspension bottems out.

Thats **** about the scumbags, was he gonna sell the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What about the hub size?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

oops! should've read it!

Another thread "Polo or Fiesta" was in my head!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Years ago the offset on VWs was the same as Opels. You can find the offset of the Polo wheels by looking at the wheel - the number 'ETxx' on the VW wheel is the offset. I don't imagine that it will be radically different from the Opel. But, if the wheel bolt pattern matches it should be good enough enable you to shift the Opel to where ever it is your going to have it repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

thanks for the replies.
    I think someone else in his apartment complex sorted out some wheels for it so i dont have to lug any over.
    He was gonna sell it but now i think he will be scrapping it. The engine is grand but i dont think it would pass the NCT due to the cosmetic damage in the thing.

Advertisement