Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII

Options
  • 11-06-2007 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here ever like played it and stopped half way thru for some other reason or another? Then done it again 2 or 3 times never completing it?

Im about to start my 3rd attempt at it maybe tonight if im not doing anything else! This time... (like all my other times) im going to complete it.. Last time I reformatted and forgot the save files was right pissed off lol >.<!

Anyway has this happened to anyone on here?

Its on the pc aswell btw..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah once with FF7, but only after I'd already completed it.
    It can be hard to come back to after a long break.
    The worst for me was FF8... restarted that game twice and still never completed it... I think I still have my save at the last boss who kicked my arse over a yawn-inducing fifty billion hour battle which I couldn't be bothered sitting through again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

VII definitely has a couple of "fuck this" moments alright. I can't remember how many times I stopped playing VIII before finishing it some 3 years after I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

Never actually finished it.....have gotten to the third disc and beaten the last jenova thingy but never even went to fight sephiroth

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

got to the last disk before my sister went to play it and wiped my save, got thick and threw my ps out the window, was hoping for a re issue to get to play it again

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Can't say I've done this no. Played it from start to finish when it first came out. A month or two later I missed the game so much that I did it all over again.

Definitely one worth sticking till the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Ahh lads what are yis like...playin it and not finishin it :p

Suggest you send your save files to your email addy each week as an attachment..in case something REALLY went wrong you'd always have them way into the future:rolleyes:

FF8 i played twice through, ff7 only once :) even though i liked ff7 better....there were some things i couldnt face doing again :eek: (Stupid Turks up in Wu-Tai or wherever it was, having to defeat the weapons again, making a gold chocobo to get KOTR etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Mkl

Temple of ancients is where i usually quit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

SeantheMan wrote:
    Ahh lads what are yis like...playin it and not finishin it :p

Suggest you send your save files to your email addy each week as an attachment..in case something REALLY went wrong you'd always have them way into the future:rolleyes:

FF8 i played twice through, ff7 only once :) even though i liked ff7 better....there were some things i couldnt face doing again :eek: (Stupid Turks up in Wu-Tai or wherever it was, having to defeat the weapons again, making a gold chocobo to get KOTR etc)

I've played FF7 through 4 times, each time with less than 100 hours game time. My last time (the only save I kept) is my most complete but I still forgot (as I have always forgotten in each playthrough) to get the "cursed ring" in Mideel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Started it tonight lol... Just after finishing up in barrets bar going to get back on the train...

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I started playing it again for the PC. Its handy playing the PC version because theres programs that can alter your characters attributes and what items/materia/equipment you have. You don't have to waste time fighting much at all. Everyone dies in one hit :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

Anima wrote:
    I started playing it again for the PC. Its handy playing the PC version because theres programs that can alter your characters attributes and what items/materia/equipment you have. You don't have to waste time fighting much at all. Everyone dies in one hit :)

kinda cheating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

ive never once completed it.
    ive played it tonnes...i probably know the game backwards...i know the ending, ive seen all of it n all that,
    but never actually completed it...always put it down at some point.
    dunno why.
    although i know the reason for the first time i done it.
    i was about to egt a gold chocobo,and for some reason decided to fight ruby weapon for the heck of it....i lost and when i re-loaded it said the file was corrupt....so didnt restart the game for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Just started Playing again there about 10 days ago or so.

Just about to go and Kill Hojo!

A quick question, wheres the best place to go to level up your materia.
    I have mastered most of the magic materia but most of the summons are still on level 1 or 2. It'll take ages even with the triple or double AP weapons.

I tried the Gilenka airplane but don't seem to get a whole lot of AP for those fights.

Oh and, ive stopped playing it numerous times but mostly cause i keep forgetting that i need a patch for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Mkl wrote:
    Temple of ancients is where i usually quit

Bloody confusing at times & that ****er demon gate doesent help..

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

been quite a while since i've played it but as far as i remember the easiest place to level up materioa is the forests around the temple of the ancients... should get into fights with 3 or 4 little green guys (i think* who won't pose any threat, the fight won't last long and you get approx 20AP per enemy.

by far the best place as the fights are so short it shouldn't take long to master up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

been quite a while since i've played it but as far as i remember the easiest place to level up materioa is the forests around the temple of the ancients... should get into fights with 3 or 4 little green guys (i think* who won't pose any threat, the fight won't last long and you get approx 20AP per enemy.

by far the best place as the fights are so short it shouldn't take long to master up :D

Actually, just found it online a couple of days ago, best place is the northern cave on disc 3.

If you go into the yellowish place, i think its left and then up when you get the choices. The magic pots and those orange ball things give 2000AP+ and with triple AP weapons i actually mastered most of the materia in the space of 5-10 hours of play.

Just managed to kill Emerald weapon for the first time ever last night. Had a crack at Ruby Weapon but the Game crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Anima wrote:

Just started playing the PC version myself, found a copy on ebay...but as cool as the game is do you find the number pad controls kinda annoying? Doesnt really feel right only using my right hand to play the game. Thinking about holding off and buying a cheap PS2...like the idea of having a controller i can use in both my hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I started playing it again recently, and I got frustrated at the silliest point.
    I was just after meeting Elena etc, when she said they said something to tell at the docks.
    I couldn't find the docks, and gave up.
    I'm awful, I know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you get stuck then use www.gamefaqs.com

Thought that would be common knowledge by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I do use that, but I was quite cozy where I was at the time, and couldn't be bothered to turn on the computer, heh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ishmael wrote:
    Just started Playing again there about 10 days ago or so.

Just about to go and Kill Hojo!

I have mastered most of the magic materia but most of the summons are still on level 1 or 2. It'll take ages even with the triple or double AP weapons.

I tried the Gilenka airplane but don't seem to get a whole lot of AP for those fights.

Oh and, ive stopped playing it numerous times but mostly cause i keep forgetting that i need a patch for it.

EDIT: just realised you only want good ap, so just read the part in bold.

Do the elixor bug on those turtles on some beach to get loads of elixors (cant remember details, try gamefaqs)

When you have 99 elixors go to the northern crater and find the magic pot doods, there in the swamp type area. You cant kill the magic pot by fighting but throw him an elixir when he asks for one and you leave the battle a winner and get crazy xp. Also theres these lil red bouncing ball things that spawn in the same area, kill these and you get a crazy amount of Ap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I restarted FFVII twice, mainly when i got to parts where i was too weak to fight and defeat a certain boss. So i replayed the game and trained the characters up a bit better and while doing so got better equipment,materia etc than the first or second time round because i had already experienced how the game works etc. Then the bosses were easy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Ryo Hazuki wrote:
    Bloody confusing at times & that ****er demon gate doesent help..

Mmmm, I always considered him to be the toughest boss in the game (bar the optional ones).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Mmmm, I always considered him to be the toughest boss in the game (bar the optional ones).

Aye i made the noob mistake of going into that place with only one save file and unprepared, needless to say i had to restart the game as a result ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

nix wrote:
    Aye i made the noob mistake of going into that place with only one save file and unprepared, needless to say i had to restart the game as a result ;(

A couple of hours of solid levelling up sorted me out in that situation on my first ever play through. Still sucked though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Secong play through, I had meteor rain when I reached him. He fell like the proverbial Demon Gate who got smacked in the face with a **** load of meteors! ^_^

I remember my brother (around the same time) had finishing touch before leaving Midgar.... 0_0 Couldn't believe the hours he was putting in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

that boss in temple of the ancients is a ****er alrite,took me over a yr to kill him :mad: :( :mad: did'nt bother restarting,could'nt have been arsed being honest :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

He got me the first time but he's nothing compared to the one in FF4. I got crucified before I got Leviathan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Ishmael wrote:

The best place to go before disc three is the forest around mideel. You can fight three or four headhunters there and you get something like 420 for a battle with 4 (multiply by three for x3 weapons and that's 1260 AP per battle).

Also, for cash you can fight Sandworms around there on the beaches for 5000 a head. I just stick to the master all materia trick though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Temple of ancients was brilliant, Ive finished ff7 twice by the way, and 8,9 and 10 once

Advertisement