Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Im on disc 3 right now and im trying to defeat Ultimate Weapon for clouds final blade...after finding it at Cosmo Canyon i fight it but it runs away before its dead...does anyone know if it gets closer to death after every battle and where it heads of to after? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

does anyone know if it gets closer to death after every battle and where it heads of to after?
    After cumulatively taking 100,000 or so off him he flies off to the ancient forest close to cosmo canyon to die

And the boss that sticks out the most in my memory as being tough (excluding the two optional weapons) is the Lost Number, he had that lost blow attack that ment instant death and he used it alot!

Im looking for this ancient forest somewhere around the hills near Cosmo Canyon but i cant find the entrance...think its ment to open up a path to this forest when i defeat him but i dont think i have because he just flew off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

carbonkid wrote:
    Im looking for this ancient forest somewhere around the hills near Cosmo Canyon but i cant find the entrance...think its ment to open up a path to this forest when i defeat him but i dont think i have because he just flew off

When you kill him he falls and breaks the cliff near cosmo canyon.....He flies on a fixed path best to find out that (i can't remember off hand) And fly to those locations....till you meet him
    make sure you have on person on 99% hp before you kill him...at the end he uses a really really powerful attack

Clouds last blade is the buisness...especially with slash-all :D:D

Aout of curiosity is there a trick to mastering materia or just need loads and loads and loads of AP

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ec18 wrote:
    Aout of curiosity is there a trick to mastering materia or just need loads and loads and loads of AP

just keep leveling up thats the only way as far as i know anyway

• Advertisement

ec18 wrote:
    When you kill him he falls and breaks the cliff near cosmo canyon.....He flies on a fixed path best to find out that (i can't remember off hand) And fly to those locations....till you meet him

Yea i started noticing a fixed path and ive attacked Ultimate Weapon about 3 times now and he keeps flying off after about 2 rounds...i just keep it up and at some stage ill defeat him?

Yea that did the trick...shame clouds most powerful weapons are so stupid looking compared to like the buster sword which was so well designed :p

carbonkid wrote:
    Yea that did the trick...shame clouds most powerful weapons are so stupid looking compared to like the buster sword which was so well designed :p

Well you only really saw the buster sword in advent children.....cool thing about the ultimate weapon is that it changes glow with clouds health

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

man i love ff7 so much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

ff7 was the best game ever.
    Ive been trying to find it for the pc but its never in any store's these days :(
    i tried a ps1 emulator to but meh havent a clue how to set it up :confused:

• Advertisement

yera there tricky auld yolks to use alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Ive been trying to find it for the pc but its never in any store's these days :(

You'll have to get that online mate.

You'll have to get that online mate.

indeed,try amazon id say or ebay.

Anyone ever heard of/done "moulding" Mastered materia into one super materia....apparently theres one for each type (Summon, Magic etc)

ec18 wrote:
    Well you only really saw the buster sword in advent children.....cool thing about the ultimate weapon is that it changes glow with clouds health

Nah man its the first weapon cloud starts off with in the game...my opinion still stands his later weapons could of been alot better designed!

I got mine on ebay.ie...just checked and theres still lots of copies available. Ok few things about it if you do buy the pc version. The port over to pc isnt the best work square have ever done. The res is pretty bad specially for the FMVs. The controls are done with the numberpad so youll have to change them (which you can) to the usual WASD directions and whatever other keys are easiest for you...that or get a pc controller like the one for a PS. If you have a PS id recommend getting that version just cause FMVs are such ****ty quailty on the PC version.

carbonkid wrote:
    Nah man its the first weapon cloud starts off with in the game...my opinion still stands his later weapons could of been alot better designed!

i know but not exactly fantasic detail on the ps some of the later ones did look pretty weird alright

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ec18 wrote:
    Anyone ever heard of/done "moulding" Mastered materia into one super materia....apparently theres one for each type (Summon, Magic etc)

yeah once you've mastered all green materia you can condense it into one materia that has all magic. you do it in cosmo canyon. you can also do it with yellow and red materia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

The trick to demon gate was to throw Aeris's weapons at him :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Hmm, always destroyed demon gate... Can't remember why but think it was something to do with the barrier E.Skill.

• Advertisement

Demons gate was pretty easy as long as you had regen and an all materia a couple of soft cures never went astray either.......

How do you mould the materia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

About the mastered materia: as far as i remember (havnt played though the game in about 3 years) there are two sets of red, yellow and green. The first sets you can get (the easiest too) SPOILER are gained buy getting items and talking to the travelling man in Kalm, i think you get the master summon item for defeating Emerald Weapon (SPOILER use Knights of the Round, W-Summon, that materia that lets you copy the previous move, Phoenix linked to final attack materia to revive yourself if you die, and limit breaks because you cant copy limit breaks so you will copy your double knights of the round unless you had to be revived with Phoenix, in which case you'll copy Phoenix) a second comes from Ruby Weapon (this time you have master summon so let him put his tenticals into the ground and withdraw them, then just cast W-Summon with the combo Hades-Knights of the Round, this makes ruby one of the easiest bosses ever because he cant fight back) to be honest i forget where the third one is, guess youll just have to google an FAQ if you want it that bad.

The second set of master materias comes from mastering ALL materia of a set type (eg all green, all red) and then going to bungenhagens observatory where you left the Huge Materia, youll get whichever materia you have mastered (all red = master summon) with two sets of master materia, w-summon and the copying materia your pretty much unbeatable (shame theres no bosses left that could actually challenge you at all at that stage :P)

As for the AP question, i find that inside in the northern cave is the best bet i forget exactly where inside but there are these orange balls that come in groups of three that give you insane amounts of AP, there are also these jars that ask you for elixers, if you give them elixers they will give you a huge amount of AP too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Can anyone tell me where to get FFVII for the PC, I have looked everywhere and canne find it.

I cannot use amazon because I live in Ireland and they don't ship games over.

ebay is yout best bet

Im finding it a bit of a pain in the ass trying to get clouds final limit break...ie
    Getting 32,000 points in the Battle Square at the Gold Saucer.
    If anyone has any hints that'd be cool, like what materia to use and after how many battles before saving my points. Tempted to skip it but really want that limit break!

Is that the omnislash or sumthing?:confused:

Easiest was is just to get as much gp as you can and keep doing for as many battles as possible....i think if you do all 8 battles you get something like 12000 points but it's been a while since i've done it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

Even Harder to get the 64000 point prize!
    You need the ribbon(from the temple of the ancients) to protect you from status effects; theres nothing worse than being mini, poisoned and confused and you cant do anything about it. Can be done without the ribbon, i forgot to get it while i was in the temple and you know the way
    The temple explodes, so get it while you can

Just permanently have wall up,if you have 4xCut be sure to equip that and do all battles as you get a lot of points for defeating everyone.

heres a link that will describe how to win easier:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/130791/2381

Got about 20000 BPs and decided to save at the nearest save crystal not knowing that all BPs are invalid once you leave the room...f*ck it i think i get clouds final limit break anyway on the last battle against sephiroth :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

haha go back to it in about a week carbonkid when your not so angry with the battle theater, google ffvii tips and tricks or something and it should tell you about a place to get the ribbons, i know where it is i just dont know how to do that anti spoiler thing :P

Advertisement